Dave Swallow Centrepin

Rusty

Welcome to Angler's Net Dave. Good to have you.

I've never even seen a pin close up and the original photos had me with thoughts of buying one even though they aren't at all suited to the places and styles I fish. Its sorta like a Purdy shotgun - it just looks so great its worth hanging on the wall.

I'll agree with the comparison of a good 'pin and a good shotgun Newt (Bonehill is my favoured make mind) but I disagree entirely on how you choose to view them.

I'll find somewhere to fish/shoot with a good 'pin/gun and if I can't find somewhere I'll find a reason to adapt a style of fishing/shooting to suit the kit :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

One of these caught my eye during an ebay window shopping session and despite Googling I couldn’t find out much about it. Apparently Dave Swallow manufactured these reels at Ringwood Hampshire and that’s about all I know, most of that’s on the backplate.

I bid on that too!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I AM DAVE SWALLOW! I no longer make the reels. I am 72 and I prefer to just fish. Anyone intrested contact me on swallow1@live.co.uk

Hello Dave, welcome to AnglersNet.

If ever you get a moment and fancy penning a small piece about the development of the reel there'd be a few people here interested to read it. Do you use one yourself?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• 6 months later...
Does anyone have an address of any kind for Dave Swallow? We fished together many years ago.

Hi there not sure who you are, maybe i can pass your number on to dave, please beleive me when i tell you i was with dave last night till 3 in the morn sea fishing beleive it or not , catching hounds in pagham. the person that replied to you is a fraud.but anyways if you wwould like to contact him i may be able to help. or maybe contact richard or ashley of ringwood tackle and leave aa message that way, all the best, i did try to upload a pic of him from last nioght but it wont let me.

I think the early ones were made by Dave Plowman, but probably more were made later by Dave Swallow at Ibsley.

Not sure if they are still produced but they might be being made for Ringwood Tackle, don't know who by though.

sorry to butt in but looks like one made by richards father in law "hanns" of ringwood tackle, since past away, dave of swallow pins made the earlier ones and some copys like the plowman would of cost you over £1000 if your lucky, the earlier swallow reels didnt have a rachet but a drag system with the large bolt screw at the back to adjust, anyways glad to see so much intrest in these reels, and tight lines for the opening of the rivers tomoz

QUOTE (dave swallow @ Dec 12 2009, 05:19 PM) post_snapback.gifI AM DAVE SWALLOW! I no longer make the reels. I am 72 and I prefer to just fish. Anyone intrested contact me on swallow1@live.co.uk

CHUBBS : YOU ARE A FRAUD MY FRIEND!

thats a bold statement ,unless your going too stand up and declare yourself the real sparticus

(altered too put into correct context )

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

THEY SEEK HIM HERE THEY SEEK HIM THERE THAT ELUSIVE DAVE SWALLOW PLEASE STAND UP PLEASE STAND UP...

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Great thread who is who? Who made what? Which is right him or him?

I just love it...INTRIGUE IS US ON THE PIN FRONT...hehehe

The secret world of the pinhead...perhaps all will be revealed soon...there again maybe not...stay tooned to this bait chanel for more from your U.N.C.L.E. or will it be am emergency call for the Sweeny backed up by Gene Hunt or perhaps John Steed and Emma Peel...hehehe

Maybe they are both winding us all up...maybe there never was a Dave Swallow it was all Secret Squirrel.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God