Bass fishing in cornwall........

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil

Anyone give me any pointers for somewhere to take the lads while we are away next week in cornwall? Anywhere around St ives, penzance etc would be great, thanks.

See PM

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brumagem Phil

just a quick update.

Sorry vagabond, didn't manage to get enough time to fish your spot.......I did drive by twice though and it looked pretty good! I managed to flick the rod out once at porthcurno and twice at high tide in the hayle estuary but didnt manage a sniff of a bass. I don't think anyone else did any good either judging by the amount of people carrying rods and no fish on the occasions I fished.

Got back to Norfolk early hours saturday and fished my fave spot at high tide last night and took 3 bass.....2 just under size and went back and the 3rd borderline keeper but proper swallowed the lure (only retrieved at the gutting stage) so one of his fillets for tea tonight and the other one saved for tomorrow!

Thanks again V.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Beginning to really work out where the fish will be on this beach :-)

Took this beauty of 4b 4oz about 3 hours after high tide. Quite often cught fish from this spot this late on in the tide cycle. Nothing like picking a mark and really learning its intricacies imo.

post-7401-1249949692_thumb.jpg

Guest Brumagem Phil

Pathetic...........429 views and just me and vagabond posting. I mentioned the lack of replies after my OH's young lad caught his first bass thread.

Unless you like coarse fishing or posting about something OTHER than fishing, this place is dead n buried.

Sad........I liked it here too. :(

Pathetic...........429 views and just me and vagabond posting. I mentioned the lack of replies after my OH's young lad caught his first bass thread.

Unless you like coarse fishing or posting about something OTHER than fishing, this place is dead n buried.

Sad........I liked it here too. :(

Pathetic

No not at all, it seems to me you're after some quite specific information about a mark in Cornwall so unless folk know it then they won't be able to give you any info on it. If we had more cornish members who knew the mark (and Cornwall is a big county with a lot of shoreline) then you'd probably get what you're after but as we don't and the info you require is site specific then the vast majority of readers won't be able to help

I'm sure you'll crack it as half the fun of catching is working it out for yourself resulting in fish on the beach

Having only spent one day (last year) on Hayle beach watching a couple spinning

and catching nothing. Did not feel informed enough to offer any help :(

If i see a subject i do have solid knowledge of, then i'd hope i'd chip in.

BTW, congrats on the 4 lb'r back home :thumbs:

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Just had a look at the first 2 pages of Sea fishing.

It's 90% North east and Scotland.

Personaly have nothing to contribute.

Can't blame one for that, surly.

Now give me a chance on Suffolk through to Hampshire and you will

not shut me up, with photo's an all.

:D

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Guest Brumagem Phil
Pathetic

No not at all, it seems to me you're after some quite specific information about a mark in Cornwall so unless folk know it then they won't be able to give you any info on it. If we had more cornish members who knew the mark (and Cornwall is a big county with a lot of shoreline) then you'd probably get what you're after but as we don't and the info you require is site specific then the vast majority of readers won't be able to help

I'm sure you'll crack it as half the fun of catching is working it out for yourself resulting in fish on the beach

Actually Brian it is pathetic. Check out the other thread I mentioned.........and its not just my threads, other people post stuff up and get hundreds of views without so much of a reply. Pity you couldnt manage to reply to the lads first bass thread with the vigour you've managed to do in reply to me twice to have a go, he'd have been dead chuffed.

Another 7000 odd people have joined this site since I did but there are less posts than back then. The list of people who don't post anymore is endless.

Yes half the fun is finding out and learning, but then when you are on holiday you don't have that luxury. One doesn't expect people to divulge their best marks of course, just a nudge in the right direction is all thats required. In Norfolk i've worked very very hard at learning my chosen mark and I land more fish there than anyone else I see visiting and it does give me a great sense of satisfaction, but i'd still point anyone visiting inthe right direction without giving away my best 'secrets'.

Its not just the info though Brian, just replying to peoples requests helps build the atmophere of the site, how can newbies feel when they see threads ignored all the time?

Never mind though.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Having only spent one day (last year) on Hayle beach watching a couple spinning

and catching nothing. Did not feel informed enough to offer any help :(

If i see a subject i do have solid knowledge of, then i'd hope i'd chip in.

BTW, congrats on the 4 lb'r back home :thumbs:

cheers! :D

Wasn't having a person go at anyone, but as I just said to brian below, I see it more and more on here with posts having hundreds of views and few replies. I just think its not very welcoming for newbies and doesn't help the long term 'health' of the site.

Funnily enough, the estuary at Hayle is very similar to one of the marks I fish in Norfolk and so I chose that as my main target area as the high tides while I was there fell nicely into the evening. I located a couple of great spots where the incoming/outgoing water met the chop creating a great agitated area ripe for marauding bass but in the two long sessions we did there spinning, we didnt get a touch. Some other people were touch ledgering lug and had no joy either.

Having said that, we watched people fishing the rocks near the minack on high tide and i'm pretty sure nothing of any consequence was caught there either.

Its been a tough year for Bass spinning all round I think.