Bass fishing in cornwall........

Guest Brumagem Phil

cheers! :D

Its been a tough year for Bass spinning all round I think.

Yep same here, i've had three goes, this week, over high tide with a Abu Toby 20g

Nada, nufink. Not even a mackerel.

Here's the arty farty picture to prove......

spinning003.jpg

Will be trying again tomorrow. High tide is 18:28

Fished off Beachyhead yesturday, with live joey's. Not one, and from the other boat

reports, not one.

Where have they all gone, Norfolk ? :huh:

(can anyone see the picture ? its was there aerlier?)

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

Guest Brumagem Phil
Yep same here, i've had three goes, this week, over high tide with a Abu Toby 20g

Nada, nufink. Not even a mackerel.

Here's the arty farty picture to prove......

spinning003.jpg

Will be trying again tomorrow. High tide is 18:28

Fished off Beachyhead yesturday, with live joey's. Not one, and from the other boat

reports, not one.

Where have they all gone, Norfolk ? :huh:

(can anyone see the picture ? its was there aerlier?)

Yep, can see the pic! Looks eerily like weybourne to me!

A few weeks ago I had one of those very still warm evenings where the water was so flat you could almost shave in it.

Looked perfect for a mental schoolie session and they were there chasing the bait fish to the surface and topping all over the place in nice neat shoals. The gulls too were directing me to the moving shoals but it was still very hard going for a while with me regularly dragging my wedge through the shoals without a touch. Last year on similar nights i'd take 70 or 80 fish in an evening and regularly would catch and lose 3 or 4 fish in a single retrieve.

I'm sure the fish are there but they seem to still be in scavange mode this year. I cut the stomach open on the 4lber and it had 3 flat fish and a crab in it which seems to back that up.

By the way I use a nice heavy 45g wedge and a slow retrieve to keep it deep in the water and give the fish a chance....maybe thats the edge which has helped me keep catching?

Edited by Brumagem Phil

The beach is: Hythe, Kent.

Any one want to guess the rod & reel ? :)

(You'll never get it :P )

reel

cd4, or 6 maybe the suverighuuuyfbn

the posh abu thing buggered if i can spell that at this time

Cornish shore angler here..

I think the main problem with people not giving information out is that they have there own personal spots and dont want them outfished or cluttered with 'out of town folk'. Me, I hav'nt got a problem with sharing information or spots.

Be cautious on information supplied some anglers will give you information on crap fishing grounds just to get you out of the way.

I find the best enjoyment is searching for spots on google earth, setting up the sat-nav and going out for a couple of hours and scout a few places. I have found some good un-named spots on my local estuary where I have had some good Bream and G/Grey.

Bass down here has been a little sparse, our club comp only brought in 3 bass out of about 70 who signed on. I have been out twice a week for the past month the biggest has been about 2 1/2Lb which went back.

Still hav'nt tasted bass yet, when I do I will let you all know.

Monks (Helston, Cornwall)

I was toying with the idea of knocking off early today and going for a few hours spinning. Thinking Bristol channel, Solent or North Devon. It's not worth it though, I'll end up spending twice as long in the car as on the beach.

• 1 year later...

Just to gratuitously bump this, the mrs has just booked a week at this place for a couple of weeks' time:

http://www.classic.co.uk/holiday-cottage/desc-2199.html

I'll take the rods, obviously - anybody know anything about the area, fishing-wise?