Angling Trust Announces Restructuring

Prepare yourselves.....Im hearing on the Grapevine a relaunch where it will be 'Compulsory' for ALL ANGLERS to join the AT with a 'COMPULSORY ROD LICENCE' which will include a fee payable directly too the AT for ALL anglers (Sea anglers as well)...I can see where this is now going. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ronessex

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare yourselves.....Im hearing on the Grapevine a relaunch where it will be 'Compulsory' for ALL ANGLERS to join the AT with a 'COMPULSORY ROD LICENCE' which will include a fee payable directly too the AT for ALL anglers (Sea anglers as well)...I can see where this is now going. :rolleyes:

Hi Ron

I've missed you :wub: :wub: :wub:

Leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Didn't this fall down before because of something to do with the current coarse/game licence being classed as a tax, or something, and it not being allowed to be paid to organisations?

(I'm hoping someone with a better understanding will clarify this).

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Didn't this fall down before because of something to do with the current coarse/game licence being classed as a tax, or something, and it not being allowed to be paid to organisations?

(I'm hoping someone with a better understanding will clarify this).

SEAFISH (The organisation that promotes the interests of the seafood industry, including the catching sector) is funded by a compulsory levy on all fish landed and all fish products imported into the UK.

The basis of the levy was recently challenged by an importer, but so far the courts are backing SEAFISH.

(see: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...323538?UserKey= )

You can kinda see some precedent in the SEAFISH levy (could be a levy on fishing tackle and/or licence sales).

Especially as paid and trained representatives of SEAFISH, funded by the levy, are often at the same table as unpaid and unfunded volunteers from the RSA sector, lobbying the same civil servants and politicians, and professionally produced SEAFISH produce reports countering RSA arguments and economics are funded from the levy, whereas there isn't a similar 'pot' available to the RSA side.

(I wonder just how much SEAFISH could accomplish if they were working on voluntary contributions from fishermen and importers?)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I think it would be a very unpopular move if this happened. I keep hearing that anglers are 'apathetic', but given the press coverage the AT have had, one has to wonder if maybe anglers aren't as stupid and lazy as people make them out to be and have just voted with their feet, perhaps?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Hi Ron

I've missed you :wub: :wub: :wub:

Leon

Hi Leon,prey tell me Im wrong because the way Im hearing things I am 100% correct.Please also state wether or not the AT are about to push for the Sea licence debate to be opened again as soon as possible in order to grab money from RSA? To be honest,I think that part of deal has already been done,it's just the timing of the announcement and the implementation of it that is now outstanding.

What are those words I hear bounded around by a few 'In the know' people.....'Licence and join the AT or lose it in 5 yrs'?

Anyone know who's being made redundant? Has the Chief Executive stepped down?