who is terry thomas

jintyminty

Back in the 70's, ATV's Angling Today was presented by keen fisherman Terry Thomas - not the actor! Alongside fellow angler/reporter Chris Tarrant, he brought fishing tips, rules, regulations and news to the local fishermen from a variety of Midlands locations, from perch at Tipton Canal to carp at Rutland Water.

Can't find a picture of Terry (Think Caractacus Potts on a bad hair day) but here's a picture of the ATV Angling Today logo along with a pic of Mr Tarrant from that time.

Edit: Just remembered that Terry ended every one of his programs by wishing viewers "Tight Lines".

post-558-1210750277_thumb.jpg

post-558-1210750306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Back in the 70's, ATV's Angling Today was presented by keen fisherman Terry Thomas - not the actor! Alongside fellow angler/reporter Chris Tarrant, he brought fishing tips, rules, regulations and news to the local fishermen from a variety of Midlands locations, from perch at Tipton Canal to carp at Rutland Water.

Can't find a picture of Terry (Think Caractacus Potts on a bad hair day) but here's a picture of the ATV Angling Today logo along with a pic of Mr Tarrant from that time.

Edit: Just remembered that Terry ended every one of his programs by wishing viewers "Tight Lines".

There is a Terry Thomas (Wales) who is an excellent photographer and contributor to SA/TSF.

Not sure if you mean today's version?

I have his email if you pm me.

Ada

I've ucovered a 91/2 foot Edgar Sealey conolon(live fibre) fly rod signed by Terry Thomas. Can anyone tell me who he is?

Ken L has named that man in one!

Captain Terry Thomas, very much an old school tie man if my memory serves me correctly.

He and Chris Tarrant were pretty chummy and as Ken says appeared in an angling programme together.

I believe he was also one of the driving forces behind the wheelyboat trust [i could be wrong??]

He died [TT] quite a while back.

Just found this, the soundtrack to Angling Today

Colin

Edited by Colin Brett

Ken L has named that man in one!

Captain Terry Thomas, very much an old school tie man if my memory serves me correctly.

He and Chris Tarrant were pretty chummy and as Ken says appeared in an angling programme together.

I believe he was also one of the driving forces behind the wheelyboat trust [i could be wrong??]

He died [TT] quite a while back.

Just found this, the soundtrack to Angling Today

Colin

Thanks for the imput guys. Does anyone think this is a collectable? Its in mint condition. The handles(there are two-can be used wih one or both) are still in the original seal packing and its in the original bag.

I'd be surprised if it's worth much but perhaps you should contact someone like Chris Sandford who may be able to give you an idea of value..

Chris Sandford PO Box 256, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9W is the only address I can find perhaps someone else knows an email address for him

Be nice to think it's worth a fortune :D

Colin