Attacked In My Bivvy

Elton

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

post-8097-1250458967_thumb.jpg Elton Fudd

"Twy dat again, I'm weady for you dis time, you scwewy wabbit".

:whistling::whistling:

John.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I wuv it! Oh Bwunhilde you're so wuvverwy!

"shoot the wabbit, shoot the wabbit" (sung to the music from Ride of the Valkyries.....)

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Speaking of which, one wonders why the rabbit meister has abandoned this topic.

We spend all this time trying to make him feel better and he vanishes.

I do hope he is not ill with PTSD after such an experience and is simply negotiating for the book or movie rights to have the tail tale told.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Speaking of which, one wonders why the rabbit meister has abandoned this topic.

We spend all this time trying to make him feel better and he vanishes.

I do hope he is not ill with PTSD after such an experience and is simply negotiating for the book or movie rights to have the tail tale told.

I think he's got myxomatosis ;)

Rob.

I think he's got myxomatosis ;)

Rob.

I've had the fine fortune of speaking to the rabbit whisperer himself this very morning.

He got back from Wingham on Thursday afternoon. He still hasn't unloaded his fishing gear from the car. He's left his bucket of boilies in there, too. They'll smell nice, won't they everyone?

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I think we should at this time spare a thought of thanks for Tel who makes the effort (despite the obvious embarrasment) to take our fallen leader out fishing occaisionally....just for old times sake.............

I awoke sweating in the night with the thought of 'what happens when Elton comes face to face with a mink?'

(The very idea is still making me shudder).

I really think the old boy should be left at home with a pile of fishing DVDs............remembering old times.......

He's too important to all of us to be left semi-alone in the wild country of the bank.

Who knows what state he will be in when he returns from such an encounter :(

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

He's left his bucket of boilies in there, too.

Yes, a symptom of post traumatic stress.

He might insist that he's fine now, but he really needs counselling, things will only get worse.

It's when the twitching starts that we, his true friends, really need to act in his own best interests..................

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Yes, a symptom of post traumatic stress.

He might insist that he's fine now, but he really needs counselling, things will only get worse.

It's when the twitching starts that we, his true friends, really need to act in his own best interests..................

Oh god Leon your right! I feel so ashamed now that I havnt been taking Eltons plight seriously enough.Here he is with a recognised medical condition and instead of supporting him all I have done is take the Mick! My only defence is that I just didnt realise (allthough ignorance is no excuse) Ive just been so tied up with banned Poles,piscacidal Otters and the AT!......untill I recieved some childhood pictures from Eltons family and research came up with this-

Leporiphobia

180px-Bunny3.jpg

Leporiphobia begins at a young age for most, and usually lasts until death.

“I've always loved to see the furry little buggers pop down a hole”

~ Noel Coward on Leporiphobia

“Jesus, look at the size of that bastard!”

~ Oscar Wilde on bunny

“I've seen bigger”

~ Jesus

Leporiphobia, a specific phobia, is an abnormal, debilitating, and often paralyzing fear of cute little bunny rabbits. It is among the most common phobias in the Western hemisphere. The reactions of leporiphobics often seem irrational to others (and sometimes to sufferers themselves, as well). People with leporiphobia will, by any means necessary, stay away from any area they believe to be inhabited by numerous bunnies or covered in vegetation that may be suitable for bunny consumption. If they see a bunny they will refuse to enter the general vicinity until they overcome the severe panic attack that is always associated with it. Like most phobias the fear can be overcome by psychological treatments (such as shock therapy) and through gradual exposure to the object. Another technique is 'flooding', in which the screaming phobic person is suddenly exposed to a high intensity stimulus (such as at a petting zoo).

180px-DonnieDarko.jpg

Often, a bunny must be almost unrecognizable before the leporiphobic can feel comfortable around it, such as in this scene from Donnie Darko

Similar phobias

Leporiphobia is actually part of a group of phobias known as Microzoophobia, or fear of small animals. Included in these phobias are: blancomicrozoophobia (fear of small white animals), quatromicrozoophobia (fear of small animals with four feet), and musophobia (fear of mice/rats, least common). These phobias are not as well-known as leporiphobia, so they are generally ignored. Also included, but only somewhat ignored, is the similar sounding leprophobia, the fear of leprosy or more specifically the fear of lepers. Lepers are albino pygmy leprechauns and leprosy is the resultant transformation of the bitten victim into one of these infamous fuzzy elves. Like Bigfoot, yeti, and the Loch Ness monster, it is thought that the albino leprechauns are a myth due to lack of scientific evidence. Sightings of these animals are often explained as flying rabid bunnies or as similar known creatures. The fear of these surreptitious little creatures, however, is very real.

Phobias in General

180px-Rabbit.jpg

With training, exposure, and a lot of patience, even this youngster can be convinced that Bunnies are completely harmless.

It has been theorized that Leporiphobia, like all phobias, is the result of a traumatizing encounter with bunnies in one's early childhood, even though the experience may not be remembered. This is a flawed theory, however, considering the extreme diversity of phobias, always inexplicable and sometimes exceedingly strange. Some examples of off-the-wall phobias include a fear of spiders – as such and not as food, a fear of being crushed while in a shrinking room, and the fear of gravity. As a result of these and other strange phobias, another hypothesis states that while some phobias are the result of a traumatic event, most are the result of a random brain wiring that causes inexplicable fear at the sight of a seemingly innocuous thing or animal. It has been suggested that the main phobias, such as leporiphobia, paedophobia, lalophobia, etc, stand out by their prevalence because they would have given over thousands of years a survival edge to sufferers and their offspring. Bunnies, for instance, being relatively small, don’t fit the usual criteria for a threat in the animal kingdom where size and toxicity are key factors, yet most species are lethal when provoked or antagonized (as is common in March, when herds of rampaging children steal their eggs). Leporiphobics will spare no effort to make sure that their whereabouts are bunny-free, hence reducing sharply the risk of being mauled.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!