UK Bass Stocks Are Collapsing

Elton

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so data is difficult to analyse and make sense of.

What I suggest you do if you don't like the smell of latest research, cause and effect and prognoses is to arrange some lectures where you will tell us like it is (as you see it).

Better still, contact Dr Mike Poulson (CEFAS) through Defra links and put him right.

I promise I'll attend one of your lectures.

:rolleyes:

In the meantime, you may want to see the other thread about scalloping.

Mike Pawson took over Donovan Kellys study of bass in I think 1980. He is a clever and very intelligent man if a little arrogant.

However like any government scientist employed by MAFF/DEFRA he will be out to get the results that are wanted by his employer.

Also and answers given by any scientist will depend on how and what questions are asked.

Anyhow Adrian it will not matter how many people tell me the fishing is so bad, while I find that my fishing and (many other in my area) gets better and better each year I will not believe a word of it.

Don’t lose sight that as stated the studies that this post were started about were in the S/W.

I think the reason the general fishing in the Thames Estuary has get better is due to a decrease in commercial pressure. I think the area now has its correct amount of boats, you could call it SUBSTAINABLE.

I expect your catches are not so good for other reasons that fish stocks.

kind regards..Sam

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

I expect your catches are not so good for other reasons that fish stocks.

When I've deciphered that, I guess all I can say is 'carry on your learning curve and you just might catch me up ...... although that's doubtful given present fish stocks!'

<_<

When I've deciphered that, I guess all I can say is 'carry on your learning curve and you just might catch me up ...... although that's doubtful given present fish stocks!'

<_<

In my haste to reply to your objectionable attitude and tone I seem to have slipped back into dyslexic mode.

The point I was making is that I’m doing very well thank you very much.

If you are not catching I expect it is down to your angling abilities, not down to fish stocks.

I bet your the sort of bloke who takes the pee out of the disabled or laughs at a fat person.

Please stop blowing hot air you old fart!

Edited by thedogs

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Note to the folks who are starting to move toward personal attacks - please move back to discussing problems with fish stocks rather than your opinions of each other.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I bet your the sort of bloke who take the pee out of the disabled or laughs at a fat person.
- 'Dogs'

I certainly think that should be left up there for all to see, Newt.

'Dogs', you are a very strange lad.

• 5 months later...

Oh no. Not another comparison the the US striper fishery, surely? What is the point of keep comparing our own bass fishery with that of the American striper fishery?

When will people realise that this isn't the USA.

When we are able to buy petrol at $1.66 per gallon, come back and talk about the US striper fishery.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Within the link i note this french geezer recons that the europeon bass fishery is crap. Is that due to the fact that the french take at least five times as much as anyone else. I also note the Usa has not done away with the thieves and recievers, can gill tagging help with that.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..