Keith Arthur And Sea Angling Licences

Elton

I dare say most sea anglers won't have read Angler's Mail this week. Here's a quote from Keith Arthur, answering a question about his involvement with the Angling Trust:

What has go to happen is the Trust has got to run angling. It has got to be the licensing authority, and sea anglers are going to need to buy a rod licence as well. More money has been spent by the Angling Trust (excluding Fish Legal) defending the rights of sea anglers than defending the rights of game and coarse anglers combined. We have got to have fairness and openness for it to succeed.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone else completely out of touch with sea anglers on the foreshore. All statements like this will do is get peoples backs up and alienate the AT still further from the average sea angler. Where do these people get it from. I dont really know who keith Arthur is. I'm guessing he's one of these Angling celebreties who the AT are so keen to tell us about (The real celebreties by the way are those anglers around the country, who go out each week and catch fish. Being on TV means jack squat), could someone fill me in on mr Arthurs credentials ?. Is he a regular sea angler ?

Edited by glennk

He's the presenter of Tight Lines on Sky TV, as well as the presenter of Talksport's Fisherman's Blues. He's also a regular columnist in the Angling Times and a very knowledgeable angler.

He's also one of the 'Magnificent Seven' that got together to aid the Angling Trust.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Quote:

What has go to happen is the Trust has got to run angling. It has got to be the licensing authority, and sea anglers are going to need to buy a rod licence as well. More money has been spent by the Angling Trust (excluding Fish Legal) defending the rights of sea anglers than defending the rights of game and coarse anglers combined. We have got to have fairness and openness for it to succeed.

end quote.

Ahh yes, this is the very reason i won't wish to join the party. This guy is telling the trust to be dictatorial with regards to sea anglers as opposed to listening to them. No way will this money collected be used for sea angling, it will be used first and foremost for wages and pensions for a priveliged few, topped up with ratepayers cash of course, s@d off.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

He's the presenter of Tight Lines on Sky TV, as well as the presenter of Talksport's Fisherman's Blues. He's also a regular columnist in the Angling Times and a very knowledgeable angler.

He's also one of the 'Magnificent Seven' that got together to aid the Angling Trust.

Sorry mate, Ive never heard of him, I watch Henry Gilbey and Graham Hill. I dont think hes aiding the AT with statements like this, more likely sinking them.

I agree, Glenn.

Apart from the watching the Gilbey chap bit, whom I've only seen once or twice....and I haven't heard of Graham Hill :D

Must get Sky one day LOL

I agree, Glenn.

Apart from the watching the Gilbey chap bit, whom I've only seen once or twice....and I haven't heard of Graham Hill :D

Must get Sky one day LOL

He was racing driver. Damon Hill's Dad, in fact. I didn't know he made any fishing programmes.

I think he died in a light aircraft accident.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I dare say most sea anglers won't have read Angler's Mail this week. Here's a quote from Keith Arthur, answering a question about his involvement with the Angling Trust:

"What has go to happen is the Trust has got to run angling."

I don't know about run angling, from what I've seen so far, they couldn't run a bath. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Any chance of putting the question and full answer up, Elton?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I dont think hes aiding the AT with statements like this, more likely sinking them.

Have to agree with that. Don't know if any one talks to charter skippers at the moment, i do. Most important for them is filling the boats, very difficult to get a full crew. All this will do is enchorage anglers to stay away.

I have also noticed that reference to fighting against sea licences has been removed from AT paperwork. I'm sure that was part of their manifesto origionally.

Still the AT has tried to sell it's self by being nice, now it may be the case for telling the rsa what is going to be good for them.

Own goal springs to mind. Well done to arthur. Wondering if AT approved these comments from arthur before it was released or is he a loose cannon. Time will tell. :rolleyes:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It may be paranoia on my part but, I get the feeling that something is happening in angling. Something that, (despite all the sound bites and scare mongering coming from the 'voices' of angling) isn't being said. Something 'underhand', a little bit scary, and controlling.

It seems that instead of trying to unite anglers of all disciplines, the aim is to widen the divisions that are already there.

I'm not a sea angler, (I dabble occasionally), but I can't understand why there is a call for a rod licence. The impact on sea angling, and businesses that rely on the 'holiday trade' will be enormous, and I can only see it reducing the numbers of 'anglers'. (maybe that's the idea?).

I can only assume that there is a group of 'celebs/names' (call them what you will), that have fixed ideas about the future of angling, and (through the angling press and certain forums), are telling anglers that their way is the only way forward.

Some anglers buy into the idea, and 'browbeat' others to join in, and we get the 'snowball' effect.

I've always been wary of people who "know what's best for me".

A case of, "Don't worry, we know what's good for you, (Angling?) trust us", maybe?.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John