Keith Arthur And Sea Angling Licences

Elton

thought so arthur is full of sh!t. scuse the swearing.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snigger, just knicked this from Glenn's web site, seeing that he knicked this topic from here :D

You cheeky git, I never nicked anything from here.

My topic relates to an email I got telling me about Stuarts resignation. The email was from someone here who can verify they sent it. That email arrived long before this topic existed - read http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-ea...-angling-trust/ . Any reference to this topic here is merely a link telling people where they can read more. As Ive told you before, I dont mind you taking quotes, but you must link back to them.

Edited by glennk

I have, as i have told you where it come. Notice the smily or the snigger, as you say, merely a link.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

THE MANIFESTO

The Angling Trust has identified a set of goals which will underpin much of our forward activity-these are:

To promote the sport of Recreational Sea Angling across England

To develop greater recognition of the value of recreational sea angling to Government and Local economies

To develop a structure of strong Divisions giving recreational sea anglers at grassroots a conduit to communicate their views.

To protect the rights of recreational sea anglers where ever they participate

In addition we will:

Lobby for a complete revision of the Common Fisheries Policy based on sound science

Call for effective enforcement of commercial fishing

Commission reliable research into the economic benefits of recreational angling and quantify the impact on fish stocks

Fight for representation of anglers’ interests on the new Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authorities

Engage with the new Marine Management Organisation being established by the Marine Bill

Continue its campaign for the protection of recreational anglers’ rights to fish without regulation by the EU under Article 47

Support charter boat operators and the rest of the sea angling industry

Resist a sea angling licence until there is evidence that sea anglers will benefit

Expand and develop sea angling competitions and participation in partnership with member clubs

The key is to make sure as many sea anglers as possible join the Trust and we recognise that many of you are disillusioned with previous progress – but we have a tough policy and intend to pursue it with vigour. The more sea angling members we have the more we’ll be listened to by the people who make national and international policies.

Already a large number of high profile sea anglers and writers have been joining and supporting the work we do adding to the increasing influence the trust has where it counts. This is because they know working together is the only option.

We are also recruiting charter boar skippers, tackle shops and other angling stakeholders with an interest in the continued success of sea angling in the UK.

I must say, that looks different to the manifesto that I thought they had. I'm sure i wouldn't have joined if the bit about licences had been worded like that. It smacks of the old NFSA's stance on licencing, i.e, not so much outright opposition, as half acceptance. As has been said, the government has already told us that it cannot deliver the benefits that anglers expected in return for a licence. Yet, here we are with the Angling Trust telling us that they will 'resist' the licence until there is 'evidence' of benefits. I can't help but feel that the benefits the AT want are a bit different to the ones we expect. A levy on rod licences, perhaps? That way, the government get us all licenced and manageable and the AT get funding for life. Everyone's a winner, except the anglers themselves, of course.

If they have indeed changed the wording of their manifesto, that, along with Stuart Mac's resignation, really should ring alarm bells. For, if it's true, it would mean that the AT aren't interested in what sea anglers want, (see previous opposition to licence, etc), and are more interested in building their own little empire. Either way, if alienating themselves from the sea angling population is the goal, I don't think the Angling Trust PR machine could be doing a better job right now.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

What has go to happen is the Trust has got to run angling.

And this, frankly, is why the AT can go and stick it. I might be willing to pay for someone to represent my interests, I'm not bloody interested in being ruled by anyone.

I get the impression that the underlying force of this is that some anglers with inflated egos think they know how best angling ought to be controlled, and seek the power to do so. Sorry, they can eff off. <_<

I can only assume that there is a group of 'celebs/names' (call them what you will), that have fixed ideas about the future of angling, and (through the angling press and certain forums), are telling anglers that their way is the only way forward.

There are some realists about who know that there will be regulation, regulation and regulation.

It amazes me that there are still sometimes arrogant, sometimes unbelievably naive 'hunter-gatherers', who think that Gov.Org cannot touch them.

It'd be nice if sea anglers were able to negotiate the terms of engagement/endearment.

Leave it alone and you're mincemeat to Defra;

talk and you might not suffer the really 'bad bits'.

I'm glad StevieC knows better.

Perhaps he can lead us to the promised land??

I'm afraid 'leave us kids alone' won't work.

B)

There are some realists about who know that there will be regulation, regulation and regulation.

It amazes me that there are still sometimes arrogant, sometimes unbelievably naive 'hunter-gatherers', who think that Gov.Org cannot touch them.

It'd be nice if sea anglers were able to negotiate the terms of engagement/endearment.

I'm glad StevieC knows better.

Perhaps he can lead us to the promised land??

I'm afraid 'leave us kids alone' won't work.

B)

You could apply your, and others', logic to Al Queda.

Thank God there are still people in this country with a bit more back bone.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I dont think anyone intends to leave it alone HA. When we are confronted with something definate then we will fight. DEFRA an Nasty Nature know this hence they dont present us with any definate plans, but at some point they will have to, and at that point the cavelry will march straight over the top of the likes of yourself, who have been sat talking and wasting your time, and we will fight for our rights rather than trade them in return for toilet blocks, slipways and lessons on rig tieing.

Edited by glennk

B)

One spanner in the works with that argument is defra by it's very nature is an overburdend, costly, enterprise that spends money with impunity, unfortunatly at present the pot really is empty, so i think the likes of the rsa are safe at the moment.

Edited by barry luxton

defra by it's very nature is an overburdend

Not when you have English Nature and JNCC on your side.

1. Defra Civil Servants want to keep their jobs and even build a small empire.

2. Nice if they can offset costs.

They almost gave me a MCZ job.

I turned them down and went fishing instead.

:)