pike fishing - lake district?

henda11

Boat or bank?

If boat, with sonar or without?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hopefully someone who knows those lakes can help out then.

The only ones I know who are familiar with them are at Wingham this weekend fishing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hopefully someone who knows those lakes can help out then.

The only ones I know who are familiar with them are at Wingham this weekend fishing.

Have you any experience with these types of waters?

its only a question before i get shouted at for being aloof, as if you have it would save lots of explaining, im happy to go through it all but if i dont have to ....

Have you any experience with these types of waters?

its only a question before i get shouted at for being aloof, as if you have it would save lots of explaining, im happy to go through it all but if i dont have to ....

ime from the lakes your best bet is from windermere and uls water and burn moor tarn if your brave tarn side has lots of pike in but you need to get thru the jacks first hope this helps

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

well really it would be my 1st time pike fishing, ive got most of the gear for pike fishing apart from a suitable pike rod, but also what i need help with is, if anybody knows of any decent lodges, hotels or cottages very close to windermere lakes so i can fish for pike and also whether i need any kind of permit or day ticket? any information is appreciated.

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

well really it would be my 1st time pike fishing, ive got most of the gear for pike fishing apart from a suitable pike rod, but also what i need help with is, if anybody knows of any decent lodges, hotels or cottages very close to windermere lakes so i can fish for pike and also whether i need any kind of permit or day ticket? any information is appreciated.

well for starters as a beginer id avoid the lakes if you can they are all daunting waters and you wont be fising in two dimentions as you normally are as depth really comes into play on these places any rd over 2.5 tc will do but tbh the bigger the better up here im on 3.25 and 3.5s

mono needs to be a minimum of 18lb normal mono for the igfa ones of thats what you use head above 20lb bs wire needs to be heavy there is no place for the soft or skinny as you will be fishing over shelves that are not dissimilar from rock faces

truthfully i really would avoid windermere as there is little bank fishing but its available its on the windermere and ambleside daa card and you can get day tickets

hotels/campsites are way to numerous to go into

before you go if you want email me and ask as much as you like ill help as much as possible but again id get some local fishing done 1st and figure out your way around pike as chances are you wont catch much unless you really know what youre doing up here

im not trying to put you off id just sooner see someone take there time and get more out of it

if you google pacregion 31 im at the other end of the email address on that i think its pacregion31@gmail.com

Where are you from?

Edited by noodle996

Noodle - can you get topo maps the include lake bottom contours?