Hello all!

badgerman

Hello all!

Been out of fishing for a spell (about 10 years), just got back into it and I am amazed at how much it has changed, it's like a foreign language to me!!!

Anyway, looking for fellow piscators in the South West to help with locations and any tips!!!

Help is much appreciated

Dave

Hello all!

Been out of fishing for a spell (about 10 years), just got back into it and I am amazed at how much it has changed, it's like a foreign language to me!!!

Anyway, looking for fellow piscators in the South West to help with locations and any tips!!!

Help is much appreciated

Dave

Welcome Back!

Although I'm back home in the grim north now I used to live near Salisbury if thats the kind of area your after, or are you much further west?

Welcome to AN Badgerman are you sea, game or coarse orientated or even (like some of us) all three disciplines?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I like to do a bit of all three but I don't often get to go sea fishing, i do a bit of fly fishing in my local river for brownies and grayling, but most of my fishing time is spent trawling local lakes and rivers for perch (my personal favourite), tench fishing or stalking for nice fat carp....

I live in the Gloucestershire area so any ideas on locations would be well received!

I like to do a bit of all three but I don't often get to go sea fishing, i do a bit of fly fishing in my local river for brownies and grayling, but most of my fishing time is spent trawling local lakes and rivers for perch (my personal favourite), tench fishing or stalking for nice fat carp....

I live in the Gloucestershire area so any ideas on locations would be well received!

There is some decent river fishing in that area I believe. Not to sure about stillwaters. Anglers Mail have released a summer special "where to fish guide" that is only available from tesco. Might be worth a look to see if anything is mentioned in there. I would look for you but my mags at home and I'm at work :thumbdown:

Hey there badgerman!

My favourite fish are Perch too, although my biggest is only a smidgen over 2lb I plan to improve on that this season! It's a good time for early season tench too, so try to get out and get them while they're nice, fat and hungry!

If you're looking for new venues, you could do what I'm attempting (with some success..story to follow) and get yourself an ordinance survey map and try to locate natural unfished pools, or ponds on farm land where you have to be extra charming and chat up the farmer :D

Anyway, welcome to AnglersNet! Have fun and remain active is all I can say!

2lb perch is a good fish! they put up a satisfying fight and they look stunning!

not a bad idea talking to the local farmers... natural lakes are so much better than these commercial ones, such a nicer place to fish!

hope you had some success!

Badgerman - welcome to AnglersNet. We are glad to have you with us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President