MCZ Proposals

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Cefas survey with abbeylee approx 2002 389 codling in 2 hour tow 93 discarded you denide black fish ever existed you also denide blinders ever existed i dont tell liars its not in my nature discards did go on a massive scale at times john nothing to be gained by telling porks my last post on the subject its getting boring.

paul.

But you were not there Paul. The fact that CEFAS did a survey 15 years later on a different boat isn’t admissible evidence Paul. Totally different fishery. As for black fish well come on. We all know that black fish went on I mentioned it a few post’s ago. It was one of the reasons that I got out of the industry.

I can understand what you’re trying to say, the fact that we did catch large amounts of fish in the inside grounds in the late 70,s and through the 80,s could certainly be a contributing factor to the fact that there isn’t the fish today on the same grounds. It still doesn’t change the fact that we caught that fish legitimately Paul, there wasn’t the undersize codlings then that there where many years later.

What happened after 89 and through the 90,s and up to the present day come to that Paul I cannot genuinely comment on, because like you I was not there.

Regards.

Yes, but ...

(of course ONE man didn't have an effect on stocks ... )

old, but heart-warming ....

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/distrikt/NDHO/verdi/66569

Confess now!

B)

And you call me an idiot.

What's to confess?

For a start there are no undersized codling in that video in fact I'm not sure there were any cod at all.

The only reason that fish were discarded was due to management industry rules not by fisherman’s choice, 20 or 30 years ago the fish would have been landed and that boat would actually have caught less fish and probably spending less time at sea for it's trip, that’s management in the name of conservation.

And as far as I'm aware Challenge was not aboard.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest challenge

Quite simple, he came to that assumption like many others do because that’s what they want to believe.

It’s just a day out angling if you ask me, but a bit of editing aimed at the right person and it’s a totally different story.

You can look at the short film below and decide what you think they are trying to say?

Regards.

Edited by challenge

It’s just a day out angling if you ask me, but a bit of editing aimed at the right person and it’s a totally different story.

Angling? Angling .....

you don't have a clue do you!

That single piece of video puts trawling on the verge of extinction.

Look out greedy, law-breaking bass'turds!

(I'm referring to this weeks latest court cases, of course.)

<_<

And you call me an idiot.

What's to confess?

For a start there are no undersized codling in that video in fact I'm not sure there were any cod at all.

The only reason that fish were discarded was due to management industry rules not by fisherman’s choice, 20 or 30 years ago the fish would have been landed and that boat would actually have caught less fish and probably spending less time at sea for it's trip, that’s management in the name of conservation.

And as far as I'm aware Challenge was not aboard.

[/quote

Peter unfortunatly more fish and less time at sea wasnt the true story before challenge was trawling the sailing times were monday morning finishing friday morning, then it was sailing sunday night finishing friday morning, then it was sailing sunday night come in friday night, then it was sailing sunday night come in saturday morning as time progressed througout that period boats got bigger engines got bigger caught more and more fish and made more and more money unfortunatly greed did play a big part the more time you put in the more money you got as when the rockhopper trawl came on the scene and boats were fitted with engines big enough to pull the gear to fish ground was opened up which had never had a trawl on it ever the results were unbeleivable it was a licence to print money until the present time where in a lot of case it has been flogged to death peices of ground which used to be rich in fish 15-20 years ago you would be lucky to catching a whiting there now the whole thing is really heartbreaking when you have seen just what damage has actually been done the biggist trawler in harbour in the 70ss was venus they actually called her a power horse she was pride of whitby fleet in those days she would have been dwarfed nowadays you could sit her on the deck on some of the boats which have fished out of whitby over the last decade or so.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg