MCZ Proposals

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How pleasant, not only do you find it beyond your ability to answer some simple questions but you find it necessary to become abusive when you get out of your depth.

Oh well sums up a lot of modern tacky journalists that spout garbage and rant about their own ideals at other's expense. No surprise that angling is going down the slippery slope that it is with misrepresentatives like yourself doing the anti's work for them!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

How pleasant, not only do you find it beyond your ability to answer some simple questions but you find it necessary to become abusive when you get out of your depth.

Oh well sums up a lot of modern tacky journalists that spout garbage and rant about their own ideals at other's expense. No surprise that angling is going down the slippery slope that it is with misrepresentatives like yourself doing the anti's work for them!

Not abusive, Worms, just honest. Unfortunately, honesty is something that people find so hard to deal with nowdays.

As for angling going down a slippery slope, it's people like you who put it at the top in the first place - and who will ensure it finds it's way to the bottom.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Not abusive, Worms, just honest. Unfortunately, honesty is something that people find so hard to deal with nowdays.

As for angling going down a slippery slope, it's people like you who put it at the top in the first place - and who will ensure it finds it's way to the bottom.

One, it can't be honest because you don't know me and refuse to discuss any of the topics with me. I can do honesty you just prevaricate.

Two, can you explain how people like me have put angling at the top of a slippery slope. Really I'm interested. Go on break the habit of a lifetime and answer the question honestly. I bet you can't!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Before it all goes ti*s up it might be worth mentioning that Mr C is actually on the side of anglers and like all converts from the old BMP supporting days remembers why and how we got to this point in time

Cryptic ? not really just a throwback to the debates of a few years ago when a lot of what we don't like now was put on the table at the time of discussions on the implementation of a BMP (bass management plan)

Before it all goes ti*s up it might be worth mentioning that Mr C is actually on the side of anglers and like all converts from the old BMP supporting days remembers why and how we got to this point in time

Cryptic ? not really just a throwback to the debates of a few years ago when a lot of what we don't like now was put on the table at the time of discussions on the implementation of a BMP (bass management plan)

Before it all goes t1ts up it is also worth mentioning that I'm also on the side of anglers......I am one. The fact that I'm not up to date with what happened with the BMP is not in my opinion a reason to slag me off or treat me as a lazy person who takes the ****, has outdated ideas that mean nothing and am partly responsible for angling being at the top of a slippery slope.

Unnecessary, inaccurate and insulting statements made when it's quite clear that I'm interested in getting involved in putting angler's views to the fore regarding any consultations that could affect sea angling. The fact that he's obviously bitter about previous decisions (nothing to do with me) is no excuse for his unhelpful posts!

What a shame we can't go back in time and alter things but, we can't, we have to deal with what's being thrown at us now. Time to join ranks not fight amongst each other. I just wanted assistance and guidance from more experienced sea anglers. For some reason Steve C seems to deliberately misread everything I write for his own misguided satisfaction.

I particularly want a serious and sensible response to his last jibe.

Edited by Worms

Absolutely right, Brian.

The first step was the acknowledgement that mistakes were made and admitting RSA got it totally wrong. The second step, and the one which people seem to struggle with, is making sure the same mistakes are never made again.

Don't drink and drive.

One, it can't be honest because you don't know me and refuse to discuss any of the topics with me. I can do honesty you just prevaricate.

Two, can you explain how people like me have put angling at the top of a slippery slope. Really I'm interested. Go on break the habit of a lifetime and answer the question honestly. I bet you can't!

Believe me, Worms, I can be a lot more 'honest', brutally so sometimes, but you wouldn't like it.

Don't drink and drive.

First of all let me say I'm not at all up to speed with all of the modern legislation and proposals that will/may affect sea angling.I stopped following it once my interest in sea angling politics had been kicked out of me! Mainly because of the stubborn refusal of both the Sea Angling press and most sea angling bodies to accept there was any problem! (mainly in regard to the cod of my South East coast)

I was once a very keen sea angler but only go a few times a year now more just to be sociable with my old mates.

The sea angling (from the beach for sure and even to a degree the inshore boat marks I fished) has long declined to a level that now just depresses me when I go.

So what I'm saying is I'm not in a position to know who is correct (as in supplying the right information) or not.

So all that said and I hope understood can you tell me why Worms is being seen as an enemy rather than a potential ally? His training,employment history and obvious interest in doing something seem to be being ignored because he may have leaped in condemning the average angler due to apathy.No doubt unaware of the previous or indeed ongoing contributions of some here?

Hes asked for information and guidance so why isn't it being given? Like I said I'm not privy to all the info so I may be missing something,anyone care to fill me in?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Believe me, Worms, I can be a lot more 'honest', brutally so sometimes, but you wouldn't like it.

I'm sure you can be 'honest' but can you tell the truth and explain how people like me have put angling at the top of a slippery slope.

Sorry to repeat the question but you still seem unable to answer the question/back up your accusations with facts.

Don't worry about my sensibilities, if it's true I won't be offended. If not, well, that won't be my problem.