Hi Everybody

Rob 5059

Hi Rob and welcome to Angler's Net.

This is a great place for advice with many hundreds of years of combined angling experience among the members.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Rob and welcome to Angler's Net.

This is a great place for advice with many hundreds of years of combined angling experience among the members.

Hi Newt, thanks a lot for the welcome. I see your location is florida. I am over in Florida staying within 40 mins of Tampa for 3 months March to May 2010 wondered if you could give any pointers where to start looking for places where I may do some carping but would need to hire the tackle of course. I realise its not that easy as a lot of people over there consider the Carp as a trash fish.

Regards.

Rob

Rob - all I can suggest is that you try fishing for largemouth bass or do a bit of sea fishing.

For some reason that no one I've found can explain, there don't appear to be any Cyprinus carpio (common carp) anywhere on the Florida Peninsula. There may be some lakes with triploid (sterile) grass carp but none of our old friends.

I'm an occasional carper myself. I live in the panhandle fairly close to both Alabama & Georgia but I've only been here a couple of weeks and haven't had time to locate any carping. I'm just hoping there is some.

You can buy a decent lure rod for very little money and lures are much less expensive here than in the UK. When you get ready to leave you can either throw the rod away or, if you bought a two piece, take it home with you.

For about $50 you can get a year's visitor fresh water license and that will give you access to hundreds of thousands of acres of excellent fresh water fishing. I think a year's salt water license costs a similar amount but haven't bought one of those yet.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks a lot Newt for your reply..........was over last year for a similar period and went looking but as you say CARP didn't seem popular :o I couldn't help thinking on those warm barmey evenings you have over there how great it would of been to try and catch a few carp with floating biscuit or crust, still never mind I'm sure your answer (there are no carp) will make my wife a very happy person ;);). Not sure if you are a snowbird but if you are have a great time down in Florida for the winter.

Regards.

Rob

The popular freshwater species over here are almost all preds of some variety.

My wife & I are full time RVers and move around pretty much as the mood strikes. I don't have a fixed residence anywhere but we enjoy our current location enough that we will probably spend a year or three here. You can get some idea why we feel that way (she loves fishing as much as I do) by clicking this link.

Click here

The popular freshwater species over here are almost all preds of some variety.

My wife & I are full time RVers and move around pretty much as the mood strikes. I don't have a fixed residence anywhere but we enjoy our current location enough that we will probably spend a year or three here. You can get some idea why we feel that way (she loves fishing as much as I do) by clicking this link.

Click here

Ha Newt after checking out that link you sent showing pics of your RV, lake and reading a bit about your lifestyle you and your wife have,

TO SAY I AM JEALOUS is the UNDER STATEMENT OF THE YEAR

The very best of luck to you both :thumbs:

Regards,

Rob

We are loving it.

If you want suggestions about the sort of fishing available where you will be on holiday, lots of our members have spent time there so a post on the coarse section could give you some useful information.

We are loving it.

If you want suggestions about the sort of fishing available where you will be on holiday, lots of our members have spent time there so a post on the coarse section could give you some useful information.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Newt, will start getting any suggestions the people may have after Christmas as I am going over in March.

In the meantime All the Very Best for Christmas to you and any one else reading this......(better early than late :D )