Angling Trust Forum

Elton

Ere Norm, did you say you was going out on the 29th? because me 27th trip looks iffy :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from the AT forum:

This is to some of the members of the Anglers Net forum, to those of you that read this forum and are forced to comment on that site, because you are not members of the Angling Trust, so cannot post on here, you feel, by your own words, frustrated and even guilty, you know you cannot come to Steve's "aid" and show your support for his views.............. by refusing to join the Angling Trust, you are refusing to take responsibility for our sport/pastime, and once again it shows quite clearly the old saying is true;

NO PAY, NO SAY.............when will the penny ever drop for some of you?

I am not out to make enemy's of you, but it is time you faced some plain talking and took a good look at your lack of action, sniping on a cosy forum with some of your mates will resolve NOTHING, if you do not agree with these proposals, pay and have your say properly, or you will have no choice in the matter.

Bob Bradford

I don't feel guilty or frustrated Bob, It's just that the AT has demonstrated that they do not have anything to offer me as an rsa. I am aware of the direction from where the cr@p is coming from and again i can honestly say that there has been no encouragment from the AT that they can deal with it for me. As for lack of action, again i can sleep at night as i feel that over the past few years i have responded in the way i consider appropriate to deal with the said cr@p. I just hope they can be quiet enough for me to have time and do the thing i like doing, going fishing that is.

The more i read quotes above and read the philosophy of Mr Arthur, the more i dig me heels in and say, thanks, but no thanks.

As regards to the AT deciding to have a 'closed shop' forum although they claim to rep all anglers, that don't sit right, however who am i to critisise. All i can say to that is: THANKS TO ANGLERS NET, THE RSA HAVE A PLATFORM. If that don't sit with the closed shop attitude, tough. Whats the difference between AN and AT , It reaches places that a closed shop will never reach. Just my personal opinion of course.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

.... by refusing to join the Angling Trust, you are refusing to take responsibility for our sport/pastime.....

Oh, sorry I didn't realise that the AT had suddenly become the paid up party membership voice that everyone must join or get left out in the cold.

I thought that the AT supported all anglers not just those that had paid to join such an elitist band.

Bob Bradford, you obviously view AN posts. Do you really think it fair that a minority of anglers can pay £20 and then over-rule all other anglers from a self imposed position of power?

I don't. Angling is for all that pay the EA licence fee or, as RSAs, just go out and fish.

Bloody disgraceful!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Bob's a member on here and at one time was pretty active but he got a bit of a hard time over a couple of issues and dug himself a bit of a hole and left, shame really as he's the sort of angler this forum needs, but I do think he's wrong on the AT

At its inception Bob advocated joining as I think his words were "the AT may not be brilliant but its the only show in town" might not be 100% correct but the jists there (Bob if youread this and I'm wrong then please correct me) and his whole family joined and he's been a supportor from day one. Best way of describing it is if the AT is the only show in town, its running with the wrong play. Compulsory membership, levy's on the EA licence, compromising the independance of the old ACA, is that what anglers really want and to cap it all they think that anglers as a whole will swallow an unelected national governing body thats a bit wishy washy over basic angling rights, well i don't buy it and I never gave them the right to speak for me and until they can demonstrate that they are acting in all anglers best interests then I reserve my right not to participate in their game

The AT may well be doing OK for former members of the old NFSA but does little at the moment to see the big picture maybe its down to those same parocial views of former bodies being heard again through this new vehicle thats stopping new blood coming through but whatever it is there seems to be a Southern based coarse match fishing slant to most of what they do, if thats wrong then perhaps some members of the AT would like to correct me

If the forum members of the AT and the AT as a whole wish to be taken seriously as the voice of all angling then the best way to win favour is not to dismiss those who don't share their vision as heretics and allow opinion to be formed naturally instead of trying to force issues

A real voice would allow those whose opinion differs from theirs to take part in any discussions without predujice and take on board concerns from those anglers who in the main have many more years of experience of angling and its difficulties than many of the newer generation of paid employees of the trust

There needs to be a "hearts and minds" campaign or ethos from those in charge of the AT if it is ever to be taken seriously by those who it claim to represent us. My over riding concern though is that the formation of the trust is not so much as driving angling forward but more as a means of tapping into grants from Sport England than anything else

Edited by Brian Carragher

If the forum members of the AT and the AT as a whole wish to be taken seriously as the voice of all angling then the best way to win favour is not to dismiss those who don't share their vision as heretics and allow opinion to be formed naturally instead of trying to force issues

A real voice would allow those whose opinion differs from theirs to take part in any discussions without predujice and take on board concerns from those anglers who in the main have many more years of experience of angling and its difficulties than many of the newer generation of paid employees of the trust

There needs to be a "hearts and minds" campaign or ethos from those in charge of the AT if it is ever to be taken seriously by those who it claim to represent us. My over riding concern though is that the formation of the trust is not so much as driving angling forward but more as a means of tapping into grants from Sport England than anything else

I would agree with all that. Especially the last bit.

I have serious doubts as to whether any of it is possible, though.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Oh, sorry I didn't realise that the AT had suddenly become the paid up party membership voice that everyone must join or get left out in the cold.

You trying to get me marginalised Worms, wern't one of my quotes. Now it's one of yours :P

Edited by barry luxton

You trying to get me marginalised Worms, wern't one of my quotes. Now it's one of yours :P

Bugger, if that's the way it's taking me I'll get out of politics and stick to fishing B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

This is a message to Bob, I was going to put it in a PM but you say you've lost your log on details, (I'm sure if you contact Elton he will be able to sort you out).

I believe it was me in my post you refer to as 'feeling guilt at leaving Steve to it'. I do feel a twinge of guilt, but not to the extent that I would fork out twenty quid to an organisation that I don't agree with. (I agree with some of the ideas proposed by some fringe political parties, but would not join them on the strength of those few ideas).

In the past you and I have crossed swords a few times, and although we differ in our ideas, I believe we have gained some mutual respect along the way, mainly for speaking our minds. But you seem to object when those of us who are willing to speak our minds, are doing so on the only sites open to us.

We have to discuss the AT forum on other sites because we can't have our say on that forum. It now seems that some of the AT site members are now proposing that another 'members only section' be opened so that any contentious subjects can be discussed in private, so as not to scare off potential new members. This in itself is an indication of the 'closed shop' mentality of some members on there.

I was also surprised to see that you as a stalwart of the Trust admitted that you considered not renewing you subscription at one time. If someone who has been so pro AT from the start can have doubts, then is it any wonder that those of us who had doubts at the beginning, now take the stance we do.

Get in touch with Elton Bob, and come back on here as the AT rep, I at least would welcome you back. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

If Mr Arthur and any of the other five ambassadors for the sport really wanted to get something across to the masses, they could always chance their luck on this forum, more than welcome, far larger audience. Never know that might acheive something positive for the AT, join us, don't cost nothing. :)