Selling Your Shore Caught Fish

Elton

I received this by email. If you know the definite answer, please add your reply here:

I have started sea angling from the shore recently and have enjoyed it, I was wondering if it is legal to sell any of the catch, or would I need some kind of license.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this by email. If you know the definite answer, please add your reply here:

Boat fish cannot be sold or bartered etc unless the skipper has a commercial licence

That is why I give my surplus to the Old Age pensioners in my village.

If they sometimes give me their home veggies during the season that is up to them

Shore caught fish I do not know but am awaiting an answer like you.

I would expect the answer for shore caught fish to be the same Ivan. As far as i know , you still need a license of sorts for selling any perishable foodstuffs. Might be wrong though. Someone on here will know.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Article 55 of the EU Fisheries Control Regulation, which came into effect on 1st January 2010, prohibits the marketing of catches by recreational fishermen.

http://register.consilium.europa.eu/pdf/en...t13669.en09.pdf

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Article 55 of the EU Fisheries Control Regulation, which came into effect on 1st January 2010, prohibits the marketing of catches by recreational fishermen.

http://register.consilium.europa.eu/pdf/en...t13669.en09.pdf

I have posted the Article 55 here to save people wading through the full article

http://www.old-glossop.com/pages/Cllr%20Iv...es/fishing.html

Thanks Leon

Edited by Deepseacodmaster

Are anglers classed as 'recreational fishermen'?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Are anglers classed as 'recreational fishermen'?

This is the answer

Article 4

Definitions

28) "Recreational fisheries" means non-commercial fishing activities exploiting marine living

aquatic resources for recreation, tourism or sport;

This is the answer

Article 4

Definitions

28) "Recreational fisheries" means non-commercial fishing activities exploiting marine living

aquatic resources for recreation, tourism or sport;

Which begs the question what is 'non-commercial'.

ie an angler catching fish and selling them is surely fishing commercially, and therefore not covered by article 55!

And assuming that that argument is rejected, where does that leave long-shoreman, who set nets along the beach (mainly for bass and mullet) and sell their catch, but who do not currently (or rather in the past didn't) have need of a commercial licence because they weren't using a powered vessel?

Anyone wanting to challenge must bear in mind that the maximum penalty for fishery offences has been increased from £5,000 to £50,000 under the 2010 Marine Act (plus costs!)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Before the eu stuck it's nose in i understood that it was ok for anyone to sell as long as the boat did not have an engine. I.e. from the shore, beach or a row, sail boat was not penalised if they sold.

Now that the eu have grabbed hold of this are they saying that you no longer will be able to sell?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Juat do what farmers do swapping food i have swapped fish for a sack of spuds or a peice of meat or a dozen eggs i have a few mates who are farmers and we have swapped between us for years they all seem to love fish i would never take any money anyway so there would never be no money changeing hands i would give them fish for nothing and they would give me spuds etc for nothing.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg