Selling Your Shore Caught Fish

Elton

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ii's in the link I posted to the SACN site Steve, written by Leon to DEFRA in 2005

Ha ha ha, that just about says it all, then. :lol: I wonder where he got his figures from? Which well known RSA Rep 'source' could that have come From, Mr Hearsay, Mr myth, or Mr rumour? I think it came from their number one source, Mr just more rubbish with absolutely no foundation. :lol:

How have these people got away with spouting crap like that for so long? Oh well, perhaps they have been found out at long last because our illustrious RSA reps have been left out of the latest round of discussions about managing inshore fisheries. Sea anglers have become a laughing stock, thanks to the use of that kind of nonsense in our name.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I think that it is quite a serious statement to make to defra, so first of all Leon quite rightly needs to quantify just who he was referring to and also where was the evidence to back that statement up, in particular if he was talking about the rsa.

Over to you Leon, please.

Quote again:

The quantities of fish involved in this trade are quite substantial and do have an effect, particularly on inshore stocks.

Regards - Leon Roskilly

Sea Anglers' Conservation Network (SACN)

end quote.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I think that it is quite a serious statement to make to defra, so first of all Leon quite rightly needs to quantify just who he was referring to and also where was the evidence to back that statement up, in particular if he was talking about the rsa.

Over to you Leon, please.

Quote again:

The quantities of fish involved in this trade are quite substantial and do have an effect, particularly on inshore stocks.

Regards - Leon Roskilly

Sea Anglers' Conservation Network (SACN)

end quote.

The end.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

If those words are indeed part of a submission to "the authorities" then it really is the end and no wonder that rod and line anglers are being targetted by regulation when the submission which we believe to be wrong is taken at face value by regulators

Guest challenge
The end.

Paul

This has been an interesting thread. I think that your words “the end” should have come much sooner than they did.

Personally I think the best answer to the original question “can I sell my shore caught fish” should of simple been “no” the end.

If you keep going on about swapping fish, bartering with your fish loop holes here and there and we have done it for century’s then you are inviting trouble. If there is a loop whole in bureaucracy watch the bureaucrats introduce legislation and sow that loop hole up. That’s what there good at.

This isn’t my opinion but let’s look at it from the side of the commercial fisherman in our home port Paul. He is allowed to land say 6 boxes of cod per month because of the restriction that have been put on him because he is targeting what is classed as a species that is under threat and that is his allocated share of the total allocated quota. So to be faire to that commercial fisherman Paul how much fish per day (not forgetting that you are not allowed to sell that same fish) do you think you as an angler should be allowed to take home per day’s fishing? Remember Paul before you say “that what us anglers catch wont make any difference to cod stocks” do you really think that the 6 boxes that the commercial fisherman is allowed to catch is going to make a difference to the cod stocks of our home town Paul.

Regards.

So to be faire to that commercial fisherman Paul how much fish per day (not forgetting that you are not allowed to sell that same fish) do you think you as an angler should be allowed to take home per day’s fishing?

Or as the current SAIF Proposition puts it

A better balance between the capacity of vessels to fish and the available fishing opportunity will increase the chances of achieving a fully sustainable inshore fisheries management system.

The changes needed to put capacity and opportunity into balance must take into account all of the users putting pressure on fish and shellfish stocks and the marine environment (including recreational fishers), and look for biological, technical, social, and economic indicators of balance.

All "local" fisheries should be covered by a management plan, setting out how the local arrangements will ensure fish and shellfish are harvested sustainably, how these arrangements will apply to all harvesters (including recreational and charter fishers) and how the health of the fishery will be monitored and measured.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/fisheries...ishman/saif.htm

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Or as the current SAIF Proposition puts it

http://www.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/fisheries...ishman/saif.htm

Hi Leon,

As a Scotsman, sitting on the outside looking in - can I ask you why you haven't answered the questions the guys asked you ?

This isn’t my opinion but let’s look at it from the side of the commercial fisherman in our home port Paul. He is allowed to land say 6 boxes of cod per month because of the restriction that have been put on him because he is targeting what is classed as a species that is under threat and that is his allocated share of the total allocated quota. So to be faire to that commercial fisherman Paul how much fish per day (not forgetting that you are not allowed to sell that same fish) do you think you as an angler should be allowed to take home per day’s fishing? Remember Paul before you say “that what us anglers catch wont make any difference to cod stocks” do you really think that the 6 boxes that the commercial fisherman is allowed to catch is going to make a difference to the cod stocks of our home town Paul.

Regards.

Sorry to go off at a tangent while waiting for Leon to reply to THAT question. :) What about the share out between the over tens and the under tens Challenge, surly that is an inbalance. 25% of the fleet hold 93% of the quota.

Therefore the shareout between the rsa and the undertens pales into insignificance.

That in turn follows on from Leons post regarding this new whatever org that it may well cause unnessesary damage to the rsa, for no reason.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Paul

This has been an interesting thread. I think that your words “the end” should have come much sooner than they did.

Personally I think the best answer to the original question “can I sell my shore caught fish” should of simple been “no” the end.

If you keep going on about swapping fish, bartering with your fish loop holes here and there and we have done it for century’s then you are inviting trouble. If there is a loop whole in bureaucracy watch the bureaucrats introduce legislation and sow that loop hole up. That’s what there good at.

Regards.

Hello Challenge.

Have ALL commercial fishermen ALWAYS been restricted to 6 boxes of cod?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.