Selling Your Shore Caught Fish

Elton

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those words are indeed part of a submission to "the authorities" then it really is the end and no wonder that rod and line anglers are being targetted by regulation when the submission which we believe to be wrong is taken at face value by regulators

That was submitted to the Authorities, Brian. And because of false claims of people that they represent sea anglers, it was submitted on behalf of sea anglers - without the consent or knowledge of most of them. As a matter of interest, as if that sort of thing isn't bad enough, far worse has also been submitted over the years. No wonder sea angling, and angling in general, is in such a mess right now.

Sometimes, I wonder if angling has been inflitrated by anti's.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge

Brian.

I would imagine that the majority of the quota goes to the over tens because they have the capacity to catch the bigger slice of the quota.

Steve

You asked if the under tens have always only been allowed to catch 6 boxes per month? I am not sure what it is at the moment, but it’s not a great deal more than that. No they certainly haven’t had the restrictions that they have today. I believe that they get a similar quota for each individual month. But In truth they would only use there quota for 4 or 5 months of the year if they had the quota to make it worth there while. Before you ask, they are not allowed to roll that quota over so they could say use 12 months of quota in 3 months.

Regards.

Steve

You asked if the under tens have always only been allowed to catch 6 boxes per month? I am not sure what it is at the moment, but it’s not a great deal more than that. No they certainly haven’t had the restrictions that they have today.

I thought so. I just asked because I wondered how relevant your earlier comment was.

Remember Paul before you say “that what us anglers catch wont make any difference to cod stocks” do you really think that the 6 boxes that the commercial fisherman is allowed to catch is going to make a difference to the cod stocks of our home town Paul.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
I thought so. I just asked because I wondered how relevant your earlier comment was.

I would say that they have had them for at least the past 6 or 7 years Steve that’s what I know of.

I think that it is quite a serious statement to make to defra, so first of all Leon quite rightly needs to quantify just who he was referring to and also where was the evidence to back that statement up, in particular if he was talking about the rsa.

Over to you Leon, please.

Quote again:

The quantities of fish involved in this trade are quite substantial and do have an effect, particularly on inshore stocks.

Regards - Leon Roskilly

Sea Anglers' Conservation Network (SACN)

end quote.

BUMP

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge

Barry.

Was Leon talking about bass fishing in this case? And if so was it knot his argument about the amount of anglers (I think he called them none or illegal commercial’s) who where catching a significant amount of fish at the time and selling that fish on? Now I am not saying that it (the amount of fish) could make a difference to the inshore stocks but then again we don’t know the amount of anglers that where targeting the fish at the time. But it would then certainly make a difference if the powers that be did decide to put a quota on that fishery to try and stop or at least reduce the unknown amount of fish being taken. What tens to happen if you put a new quota on a fishery then the commercial fisherman will go and try and catch that quota in full, so they have records of what they can catch for the following year. There might not have been many commercial fishermen targeting that spices at the time, but you can bet that there would be in the future therefore making a strong case for that fishery having a substantial effect on the inshore grounds.

Then again I might be completely wrong but if I am I am sure that Leon will come on and put me back on the straight and narrow. Bye the way sorry to here about your cancellation on your fishing trip. We had a few of them when I was with JB a good size deposit seamed to do the trick. Regards.

Evening Challenge, yes in deed, i hope Leon can clear that one up.

I had no control over the guys who let the skipper down as i booked as an individual along with a couple of mates. I do have deposits with various skippers, however in this instance Pat Carlin trusted me to turn up. Bit of a shame that it was 7 others who let him down. Gonna be grumpy until it's time to get out again. Roll on next weekend. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry.

Was Leon talking about bass fishing in this case? And if so was it knot his argument about the amount of anglers (I think he called them none or illegal commercial’s) who where catching a significant amount of fish at the time and selling that fish on?

Sorry to butt in, Challenge, but it doesn't matter whether it was bass, cod, plaice or sticklebacks. Just who are these much talked about anglers who sell the fish they catch? How many of them are there? How much fish do they catch? Where do they sell it? How much are they paid? Unless anyone has the answers, all this is just worthless junk.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
Sorry to butt in, Challenge, but it doesn't matter whether it was bass, cod, plaice or sticklebacks. Just who are these much talked about anglers who sell the fish they catch? How many of them are there? How much fish do they catch? Where do they sell it? How much are they paid? Unless anyone has the answers, all this is just worthless junk.

I believe that Leon made the comment back in2005? I believe it was not a general conception of RSA catches but was about a local incident. Taking people comments totally out of context is also junk in my book Steve.

I am not trying to defend Leon at all. Am sure he is quite capable of that. Just wondered if his comments where about a specific incident and not in the nationwide context that comments seam to suggest?

And in the eyes of the powers that be until anybody can put a figure on how many anglers they are, what they catch, and how much they catch you will have no accountability to anyone and therefore any numbers will be forever seen as worthless junk.

Regards.

Edited by challenge