Selling Your Shore Caught Fish

Elton

What john is saying without saying it barry is anglers need bag limits or quotas which ever fits the bill.

paul.

Challenge won't be the one to influence that, the next lot of restrictions that will hit the rsa, will be the mcz,s. That will be helped by the lack of action or will from the so called reps. It will also be by the other stakeholders who without another thought will stab the rsa in the back. It will be by the new ngo's who's pure mission is to go for restriction because it will look good on paper. None of it will produce any benifit. They haven't got any evidence regarding benifit from lundy after five years, have they. Thats what they all want though.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge

Steve.

If leons comments where a generalisation of RSA rather than an isolated incident then I stand corrected. But at the beginning of that post I did ask the question. Again thanks for the information and I am a bit disappointed that Leon did not at least explain his comments. But then again he can I suppose if he wants too.

Barry.

Thanks for your kind words and am glad that somebody can read my posts without posting a complete fabrication as to what I said.

Paul

Could you please highlight or explain to me where I have said that I want bag limits and licences for sea anglers? You say “how dare you” is this not a forum where we cannot put different sides to arguments without daring? Yes I use to fillet and get 50stones of fillets for the anglers on a very regular basis when I worked aboard a very successful angling boat. I would do the same again tomorrow. Anglers who had paid a lot of money to fish and a part of the service was to have there fish in tip top condition for when they took it home. All done under the watchful eyes of a very successful ex commercial skipper who also use to frequent this forum and use to also try and put booth sides to the commercial and political debates. The rest Barry has answered for me. I would expect people to get very angry if I have said what your interpretations of what I said was fact. So I suggest that you make sure that you get your facts correct before making comments like” putting anglers up against a wall and shooting them”

Regards.

Paul

This isn’t my opinion but let’s look at it from the side of the commercial fisherman in our home port Paul. He is allowed to land say 6 boxes of cod per month because of the restriction that have been put on him because he is targeting what is classed as a species that is under threat and that is his allocated share of the total allocated quota. So to be faire to that commercial fisherman Paul how much fish per day do you think you as an angler should be allowed to take home per day’s fishing? Remember Paul before you say “that what us anglers catch wont make any difference to cod stocks” do you really think that the 6 boxes that the commercial fisherman is allowed to catch is going to make a difference to the cod stocks of our home town Paul.

Regards.

Under 10 mtr fisherman are been treated unfairly and dont get there fair share of the total uk quota for cod they even went court to try and get more cod quota off the big boys but as fisheries officer who should be completly unbiased you come on here and compaire anglers to comercial fishermen do you think anglers catch to many fish you want to think very carfully just how much they contribute to the local economy in this town istead of wingeing about anglers and compairing anglers to the under 10ss why dont you winge to the powers that be to ask them very nicely to share the cod quota fairly and stop fishermen who are no longer in the fishing industry who sit at home makeing many thousands of pounds renting there cod quota out.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

When the legislation was being framed it was put to the officials (via the European Anglers Alliance) studying the drafts that 'marketing' might mean that if I offered someone a fish but he declined to buy, I would be guilty of an offence as I'd 'marketed' the fish even without a sale, whereas if someone came up to me and said 'I'll buy that fish' and I sold it to him, I would have sold it but I hadn't 'marketed' it, and that 'selling' would be a better word to use.

However it appeared that 'marketing' was the closest English word to the broader (I believe) French word/phrase used in the original drafting of article 47 (now article 55).

Unfortunately perhaps, the applicability of the European legislation doesn't depend upon the subtlety of dictionary meanings across the different language translations.

I guess that it will be up to the courts of the EU to determine whether or not it applies, though I suspect that I know what the outcome will be.

"It is now an offence to sell, barter or exchange for goods or services rod-caught salmon or sea trout in England and Wales."

The above might be a handy get out clause then because it is, as you see, clear, to the point and totally unambiguous. I don't think I'm going to worry too much about the new regs. After all the court that will make the decision will surely be the local magistrates to start with and if they can't prove "marketing" then you're not guilty!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

"It is now an offence to sell, barter or exchange for goods or services rod-caught salmon or sea trout in England and Wales."

The above might be a handy get out clause then because it is, as you see, clear, to the point and totally unambiguous. I don't think I'm going to worry too much about the new regs. After all the court that will make the decision will surely be the local magistrates to start with and if they can't prove "marketing" then you're not guilty!

Does that count for seals as well as they probably take more salmon and trout as all the anglers in uk catch fo the whole year. ;)

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Does that count for seals as well as they probably take more salmon and trout as all the anglers in uk catch fo the whole year. ;)

I don't believe seals require an EA licence though B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Guest challenge
Under 10 mtr fisherman are been treated unfairly and dont get there fair share of the total uk quota for cod they even went court to try and get more cod quota off the big boys but as fisheries officer who should be completly unbiased you come on here and compaire anglers to comercial fishermen do you think anglers catch to many fish you want to think very carfully just how much they contribute to the local economy in this town istead of wingeing about anglers and compairing anglers to the under 10ss why dont you winge to the powers that be to ask them very nicely to share the cod quota fairly and stop fishermen who are no longer in the fishing industry who sit at home makeing many thousands of pounds renting there cod quota out.

paul.

Paul.

As I have said many times before, In my ideal world all that make a living from the sea, be that you with your commercial interests in taking anglers to catch fish, or the commercial men (and women) who go to sea to catch there fish I would love to see them all prosper and make a good living out of there jobs. I would also (in my ideal) world like to see all RSA have a safe and enjoyable pastimes. I am not biased to commercials at all Paul, all I am trying to do is look at the situation from all sides simply because I have spent many years in all sides of the industry. Are you saying as a FO I should not have an opinion?

If you where to read my posts properly Paul with an unbiased opinion you could be able to see that I am only trying to help RSA. You still have-not pointed out where I said I want bag limits and licences for anglers. As for going to the powers that be to ask them to change how they dish out there quota using all my influence as a FO. It’s a bit like a traffic warden going to the minister of transport to ask why there aren’t the parking spaces for locals to park there cars in Whitby. He would listen to me Paul, but do you think that he would act? Also don’t you think (regarding quota sharing) that would not be a conflict of interests regarding my so called unbiased stance that you say that I should take?I see that you have come up with a new way to explain my points that I am trying to put across “whinging” could you please point out where I have been “whinging “about anglers and if you where to read the first line of the post that you put up as a n example of my biasness and dislike of anglers I started the question my saying “this is not my opinion”

Regards.

Edited by challenge

Guest challenge
What john is saying without saying it barry is anglers need bag limits or quotas which ever fits the bill.

paul.

Am sorry Paul have just come across this????????????????

How can I say something without saying it? In such an astute way that it could be read by somebody so that it can fit into there bill? Now what bill would that be Paul? If I indeed have this new found intellectual wealth of being able to say something without actually saying it, then how would your philosophy suggest that I can actually say nothing without saying something that will be easily understood by those out there who are mere mortals and therefore not familiar with this new type of philosophy of yours Paul? :mellow:

Regards.

Ok then Leon, apart from the question of explanation of your correspondance to defra that is outstanding, identified below, would you be so kind and confirm any involvement with the A T apart from normal membership. Thanking you in anticipation.

Quote:

If a restaurant or pub is offered fish for sale at the door, how would they know whether the seller is a rod and line fisherman (as claimed perhaps) or someone who has obtained fish from a vessel.

Or, if someone has been out on an angling charter boat (say) and then sells their catch, the buyer is buying from the angler, not a vessel?

Also, fish is often 'bartered' ie swapped for a drink or two at the pub etc. How is this covered where no 'sale' actually takes place.

The quantities of fish involved in this trade are quite substantial and do have an effect, particularly on inshore stocks.

Regards - Leon Roskilly

Sea Anglers' Conservation Network (SACN)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...
It worked for me at christmas, a couple of big pollack fillets and a black bream for a haunch of roe deer! No marketing, just a chat over a pint between mates :D
A bargain. Crappy old saithe for venison. :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote