Fishermen Not Happy With The BBC

Elton

Maff really were the useless pain in the neck everybody i'd ever worked with told me they were.

My expensive Maff "education" taught me nothing about the world i lived in fishingwise. It taught me lots about power and money and organisations unwillingness to let go at any cost though.

Like you though, thats all just ancient history.

Any chance the At reps can catch up? :P:D

Hello Jaffa

Oh I wish it was all just ancient history Cris, nothing has changed MAFF now DEFRA and MFA are still pretty clueless fishing wise, probably much larger in number than in your day even though the fleet is much smaller.

They have now got their sights firmly set on the under ten fleet and we are getting all the pain that comes with that.

Soon they will merge with the FC's to become an even bigger Quango needed to keep anglers in order and police the MPA's

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Jaffa

Oh I wish it was all just ancient history Cris, nothing has changed MAFF now DEFRA and MFA are still pretty clueless fishing wise, probably much larger in number than in your day even though the fleet is much smaller.

They have now got their sights firmly set on the under ten fleet and we are getting all the pain that comes with that.

Soon they will merge with the FC's to become an even bigger Quango needed to keep anglers in order and police the MPA's

If things are really that depressing (and i don't doubt your view of how mad its got down there ) how come your so bloody cheerful, active and still fishing? You gonna limbo under the waves of legislation and "interested" bodies and still make a living?

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Guest challenge
Hello Jaffa

The fishery’s boat that I work on has over 70 years of hands on fishing experience among its crew. Certainly working in every fishing method used within our district. Plus many years of experience in the angling industry. That’s if actual experience accounts for anything now days. :D

Regards.

If things are really that depressing (and i don't doubt your view of how mad its got down there ) how come your so bloody cheerful, active and still fishing? You gonna limbo under the waves of legislation and "interested" bodies and still make a living?

Hello Cris

I try not to get depressed, I am frustrated, angry, scared and increasingly not so bloody cheerful, since the start of this year it has become more and more obvious that we are not going to be allowed to earn a living , up until now I've managed to limbo under the waves of legislation and "interested" bodies and still make a living but now I'm not sure how we are going to survive this coming year as they seem to be really tightening the noose now and want to get the under ten meter fleet problem done and dusted as quickly as possible, I suspect in time for the setting up of the MPA's.

The fishery’s boat that I work on has over 70 years of hands on fishing experience among its crew. Certainly working in every fishing method used within our district. Plus many years of experience in the angling industry. That’s if actual experience accounts for anything now days. :D

Regards.

So challenge with all that hands on fishing experience among the crew. What would you do if you boarded me while hauling a fleet of 100ml sole gear and there were 3 box's of large cod to 1 box of sole in it, you know from experience this can happen especially when the sea is full of cod as it is at the moment, do you allow me to keep the cod or do you make me dump it?

Hello Cris

I try not to get depressed, I am frustrated, angry, scared and increasingly not so bloody cheerful, since the start of this year it has become more and more obvious that we are not going to be allowed to earn a living , up until now I've managed to limbo under the waves of legislation and "interested" bodies and still make a living but now I'm not sure how we are going to survive this coming year as they seem to be really tightening the noose now and want to get the under ten meter fleet problem done and dusted as quickly as possible, I suspect in time for the setting up of the MPA's.

Sorry Peter, I can't think of a single cheerful uplifting to say about whats happening in your part of the world. To me it seems like the lunatics have finally got hold of every lever and are going to pull them at random as the mood takes them.

• 1 month later...
Hello Cris

Pay your crew off, cash in your boat/quota, start getting confused about ordering a coffee, and buy a holiday home in Spain or Croatia. Simples..

Worlds gone fcuking mad but you are only allowed to say so if you use a brand name rather than a dirty un-boxed profanity

**** em

Edited by Jaffa