The CA again!!

Peter Waller

wearyone:

I do not know of a single angler who would 'Celebrate' the killing and brutal torture of a fish ....

Errr, don't you have them backwards. I rather imagine the brutal torture should come before the killing.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt, Don't wish to be pedantic, but are you not being a little pedantic?

Come to think of it, THAT'S why I aint been on this site for some time.

We all love a smart arse!

If you really wanted to be REALLY pedantic, Cranfield gets his commas and apostrophes mixed up, but who's checking.

AND what about those who choose not to CAPITALISE at the start of sentence?

Not REALLY doing your job Newt, are you?

[ 23. July 2004, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: wearyone ]

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

The biggest problem I have with fox hunting is that they still try and claim they are controlling foxes. Poppycock! The hunt have a vested interested ensuring a continued strong fox population and detest anyone who effectively controls their numbers.

We were banned from shooting on 600 acres of land years back because the owner, a keen huntsperson, saw us shoot a fox!

Hmmmmmmmm come to think of it, that's a bit like fishing. We all try to ensure continued healthy fish populations so that we can carry on with our hobby.

nature boy:

iam on both sides pete,an open outlook,not tunnel vision,fishing is a bloodsport,period!!!

Oxford Dictionary time! Bloodsport, a sport involving the wounding or killing of ANIMALS.

A fish is not an animal.

For your information I am not opposed to shooting and I was brought up in the country.

Err, since when have fish been plants Peter?

I think anglers need to wake up to the threat from the anti brigade and at least the CA have got us 'talking' about it!

I Don't chase foxes about but I do see their point of view regarding the 'nanny state' that comes from banning this and that.

We have the amazing situation in this country where people can break the law regarding 'protests' and judges let them off because its 'justifyed'! how long before some anti atacking an angler is let off as he was saving a fish from abuse!

As I've said before, If your not a vegan/fruitarian and you have a pet,like to fish or ride, drive a car or think an oak tree has more right to life than a slug they ARE out to get you!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

My pocket Oxford Dictionary here at work gives this definition for animal :

Organized being endowed with life, sensation, & voluntary motion.

So fish are animals. However they are cold blooded and scientific research suggests they do not feel pain and fear, etc. like mammals.

Yup 'animal' is an iffy description, hence why we should be wary of the 'abuse' act being pushed through at present.

It seems many 'anti' hunting types are very 'speciesist' regarding furry mammals as having more rights than 'lower' forms of life.

If foxes were not furry mammals but looked like crocs or spiders the publics view would be very different - but any 'cruelty' involved would remain the same?!

I am not hypocritical enough to not realise that 'playing' with fish (if I'm not intending to eat them!) may cause them some 'discomfort'. The problem will be where some 'judge' or 'anti type' decides that point at which 'discomfort' becomes 'abuse'.

The CA have raised the issue of angling and 'animal' meat as part of their campaign as they understand the relationship between the way of life they wish to persue and the vegan one the anti pressure groups represent.

Just because you don't like the twits wearing red coats it doesn’t mean we should stop them hunting, bring in better controls and such like but banning hunting will be the 'thin end of the wedge' for the anti angling / vegan brigade.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

wearyone:

We all love a smart arse!

If you really wanted to be REALLY pedantic, Cranfield gets his commas and apostrophes mixed up, but who's checking.

:rolleyes: Me.

You missed out a question mark at the the end of that sentence, pal. :P

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

You missed out a question mark at the the end of that sentence, pal.

Unless said with a New York jewish accent

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'