• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chub Frenzy

Chub Frenzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

Kingfisher Pool is a small pool with a max depth of about 9ft. It is a pool which has no carp in so the main big species are Tench and Bream.... and the occasional chub. I am fishing a match there soon so need some advice from anyone who knows the pool or knows a pool like it, anything will help. I think pole would be best so i am probably gona be doing some pole fishing but i need some bait advice or any little tips u no.
Many Thanks
Chub Frenzy

#2 Anthony78

Anthony78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

Kingfisher Pool is a small pool with a max depth of about 9ft. It is a pool which has no carp in so the main big species are Tench and Bream.... and the occasional chub. I am fishing a match there soon so need some advice from anyone who knows the pool or knows a pool like it, anything will help. I think pole would be best so i am probably gona be doing some pole fishing but i need some bait advice or any little tips u no.
Many Thanks
Chub Frenzy

Hi Chub Frenzy,
I would certainly use the pole and would fish down the edge with chopped worm and caster looking for the tench which should be waking up about now. I would also take a feeder rod and fish the open water with a groundbait feeder to try and catch those bream. Take a pint of red maggots too as it's a fantastic bait for all species mentioned!
Let me know if you need any more info.

Anthony