Would sea anglers benifit from a free licence?

I was laid in bed this morning pondering on a conversation that I last night with one Barry Luxton, that well known out spoken angler from Kent and a discussion that was about the pros and cons of having a license to go sea fishing.

I for one would never purchase one just for the right to go fishing in the sea that belongs to us any way, particularly when the commercials had them dished out for free so they could then go on and earn a fortune and bring our fish stocks to near collapse.

However while it's safe to say we were both agreed on the disadvantages there are some positive reasons for considering having, dare I say this, a license.

In the united states for example there are competitions that pay out mega money and get prime time TV coverage on the top sport channels, because there fishing license has provided among other things a well managed two hundred mile limit, this is all because of the strength the RSA voice has and it has resulted in good fish stocks that in return has seen a big increase in sea angling. They even get man made reefs put in place!

Here in the UK we struggle to have our strength recognized and our voice heard and the AT fiasco has only made matters worse.

Barry hit the nail on the head last night when he said the RSA are and always have been self regulated and don’t need any license leading to regulation. Now I have thought about it I have to ask. Oh yeah just what are these regulations then?

Self regulation I believe is the way forward and the idea of a license that I would conceder taking up would be one that is not compulsory and most importantly is free of charge.

My friends this is possible to, as the internet taught us. For example you can download genuine licensed soft ware from some companies in return for advertising. So step forward the Insurance companies who spend shed loads on advertising coupled with the tackle manufactures and retailers who do much the same, so yeah a free license for some junk mail that might even save you money on gear and its insurance is not now such a bad idea.

It will also enable us to say to the Government bodies hey there are ex amount of licensed anglers spending ex amount per year so Mr. SFD and you lot of suits up there in DEFRA the UK government and you lot in Brussels, yeah you in the EU? You had better listen to us as we are a force to be reckoned with and might just have a solution to the dwindling stocks.

Or on the other hand should I turn over and go back to sleep?

tight lines Deene'0

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was laid in bed this morning pondering on a conversation that I last night with one Barry Luxton, that well known out spoken angler from Kent and a discussion that was about the pros and cons of having a license to go sea fishing.

I for one would never purchase one just for the right to go fishing in the sea that belongs to us any way, particularly when the commercials had them dished out for free so they could then go on and earn a fortune and bring our fish stocks to near collapse.

However while it's safe to say we were both agreed on the disadvantages there are some positive reasons for considering having, dare I say this, a license.

In the united states for example there are competitions that pay out mega money and get prime time TV coverage on the top sport channels, because there fishing license has provided among other things a well managed two hundred mile limit, this is all because of the strength the RSA voice has and it has resulted in good fish stocks that in return has seen a big increase in sea angling. They even get man made reefs put in place!

Here in the UK we struggle to have our strength recognized and our voice heard and the AT fiasco has only made matters worse.

Barry hit the nail on the head last night when he said the RSA are and always have been self regulated and don’t need any license leading to regulation. Now I have thought about it I have to ask. Oh yeah just what are these regulations then?

Self regulation I believe is the way forward and the idea of a license that I would conceder taking up would be one that is not compulsory and most importantly is free of charge.

My friends this is possible to, as the internet taught us. For example you can download genuine licensed soft ware from some companies in return for advertising. So step forward the Insurance companies who spend shed loads on advertising coupled with the tackle manufactures and retailers who do much the same, so yeah a free license for some junk mail that might even save you money on gear and its insurance is not now such a bad idea.

It will also enable us to say to the Government bodies hey there are ex amount of licensed anglers spending ex amount per year so Mr. SFD and you lot of suits up there in DEFRA the UK government and you lot in Brussels, yeah you in the EU? You had better listen to us as we are a force to be reckoned with and might just have a solution to the dwindling stocks.

tight lines Deene'0

Ear, wotchit you. Outspoken indeed, you must know me by now. Mr tell it how it is thats me. Just because i have two left feet.

A very warm welcome to you sir. :clap::fishing::boat:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

tight lines Deene'0

First of all, our waters shouldn't be compared with the likes of the US. For a start, they rule their own waters and our are ruled by Europe. We struggle to maintain a 6 mile limit, never mind 200 miles!

Second, the issue with a sea angling olicence was never the cost. It was the fact that it would be a licence and it would have conditions attached. Those conditions could be changed whenever the licensing body chose to change them, just ask the under 10m commercial fishermen about their free licences.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

First of all, our waters shouldn't be compared with the likes of the US. For a start, they rule their own waters and our are ruled by Europe. We struggle to maintain a 6 mile limit, never mind 200 miles!

Second, the issue with a sea angling olicence was never the cost. It was the fact that it would be a licence and it would have conditions attached. Those conditions could be changed whenever the licensing body chose to change them, just ask the under 10m commercial fishermen about their free licences.

There you go throwing in the towel and we haven’t even started Steve. We should look at the good old US of A and get things changed here to match them, as for the six mile limit has Iceland not had a 200 mile limit since the cod war and managed to police it with the smallest of navy’s. OK the biggest battle will be the EU but never say die is my motto and the resource is to important to simply shrug off the idea of it cant be changed. :P

As for my idea of licensing, it’s funded by companies whose sole intention is to sell goods and services not impose rules. :D

There you go throwing in the towel and we haven’t even started Steve. We should look at the good old US of A and get things changed here to match them, as for the six mile limit has Iceland not had a 200 mile limit since the cod war and managed to police it with the smallest of navy’s. OK the biggest battle will be the EU but never say die is my motto and the resource is to important to simply shrug off the idea of it cant be changed. :P

As for my idea of licensing, it’s funded by companies whose sole intention is to sell goods and services not impose rules. :D

O.K, so we agree that we need to get out of Europe first. Which political parties want to get us out of Europe? I didn't see any of their leaders on tonights TV debate!

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I am unsure as to the current situation, but there were some seriously winking rear ends in the Recreational Fishing world in the States late last year.........:o

http://advocacy.shimano.com/publish/conten...60_million.html

You can dance around the issue as much as you like. There is only really one thing that would benefit sea anglers - Proper sensible management of the commercial fishery. Without fish in the sea you can have as many licences, strategies, piers, jetties, marine conservation zones, artificial reefs etc as you want, but its all pointless if a large percentage of mature fish are taken out the water by commercials (Legally or otherwise), also its pointless to allow them to shovel back thousands of tons of undersize fish every year _ DEAD. I would consider a licence if the government got sensible about the real issues. Untill they do that they can all F**** Off

O.K, so we agree that we need to get out of Europe first. Which political parties want to get us out of Europe? I didn't see any of their leaders on tonights TV debate!

Ukip did try, even with the threat of taking those who ignored them to court.

Me i wrote an email to the conservative party a week ago and told them of my disquiet when cammeron stated on his second telly appearence that any more power being sort by the eu then we would have a referendum.

I told him too little too late and us minions need a mandate to be be ruled by the eu. The commons fishery poilicy is a joke along with the farming one. the new cfp will be a fudge and will take many years to determin if it could work.

They have ignored me :cry: dunno why. :o

Labour party, na couldn't be bothered seeing that brown is finding it difficult in dealing with old ladies carring handbags

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Getting out of Europe is a UKIP policy but let’s be realistic that is a non starter. HOWEVER :D we can opt out of the common fishery policy in the same way as we have over our currency which right now looks to have been a wise thing. This time next week we will have a new government and as soon as the cabinet is formed then we should be there knocking the door of the appropriate minister with our case in hand.