Would sea anglers benifit from a free licence?

Who exactly will be knocking on the door, Deene'O?

I am not exactly sure who has filled your head with these fanciful ideas of 'American Dreams', 200 mile limits, and escaping the clutches of the corrupt CFP..... but I have a fair idea.

Maybe you would like to extract them from the parallel universe they live in, and get them both on here?

Saying that, if I am correct in my assumptions, that is a very unlikely prospect. Their usual style is to prime their foot-soldiers by drip feeding all the usual rubbish, and get them to do the dirty work for them.

On the subject of 'free licences' (another one of their tired arguments), the fleet wasn't exactly encouraged to go fishing for UK PLC with no financial cost / risk to themselves.

To be fair, they had to stump up some quite considerable sums for boats, equipment, and of course, all of the overheads they carry. Many remortgaged homes, or took on big bank loans.

This is complete contrast to the civil servants (parasites) that now seek to put them back out of business, after encouraging them to start trading in the first place, and all with the comfort of their guaranteed incomes, gold plated pensions, early retirements, flexi time etc. etc. etc. paid for by us!

I am not defending the commercial fishing industry (and I am not a "commercial sympathiser"). On occasion, I have been as p1ssed at them as you, but unlike the half arsed arguments of 'angling's finest', I like to take both sides of the story into account.

Should this country get the result that is required on May 6th, I will look forward to seeing the axe swinging around so that Gordon's non-jobbers can get back to flipping burgers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting out of Europe is a UKIP policy but let’s be realistic that is a non starter. HOWEVER :D we can opt out of the common fishery policy in the same way as we have over our currency which right now looks to have been a wise thing. This time next week we will have a new government and as soon as the cabinet is formed then we should be there knocking the door of the appropriate minister with our case in hand.

Good. Then all our 'problems'* will be over and there won't be any need for any more stupid talk about introducing a sea angling tax.

*The biggest problem I have with my sea angling at the moment is getting the wind to stop blowing on my days off.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Who exactly will be knocking on the door, Deene'O?

I am not exactly sure who has filled your head with these fanciful ideas of 'American Dreams', 200 mile limits, and escaping the clutches of the corrupt CFP..... but I have a fair idea.

Maybe you would like to extract them from the parallel universe they live in, and get them both on here?

Saying that, if I am correct in my assumptions, that is a very unlikely prospect. Their usual style is to prime their foot-soldiers by drip feeding all the usual rubbish, and get them to do the dirty work for them.

On the subject of 'free licences' (another one of their tired arguments), the fleet wasn't exactly encouraged to go fishing for UK PLC with no financial cost / risk to themselves.

To be fair, they had to stump up some quite considerable sums for boats, equipment, and of course, all of the overheads they carry. Many remortgaged homes, or took on big bank loans.

This is complete contrast to the civil servants (parasites) that now seek to put them back out of business, after encouraging them to start trading in the first place, and all with the comfort of their guaranteed incomes, gold plated pensions, early retirements, flexi time etc. etc. etc. paid for by us!

I am not defending the commercial fishing industry (and I am not a "commercial sympathiser"). On occasion, I have been as p1ssed at them as you, but unlike the half arsed arguments of 'angling's finest', I like to take both sides of the story into account.

Should this country get the result that is required on May 6th, I will look forward to seeing the axe swinging around so that Gordon's non-jobbers can get back to flipping burgers.

Sharkbyte your suggestion that some one is loading a gun for me to fire is totally wrong. At 63 years of age I can assure you I am more than capable of forming an opinion all by my self. Further more I have been a regular sea angler from my late teens so I have just a little knowledge about the sea and the fish that live in it.

The Americans have a Bass competition that pays out a million dollars every year you will find a grand up for grabs in the UK at most. The yanks (can I say that on here) have prime time tv coverage of these events. They have a Two Hundred mile limit just like little old Iceland and they manage it well.

We have the shackles of Europe and a failed common sea policy that needs sorting and soon.

Our only representation at present is the AT which simply hasn’t a clue with how to deal with the huge problem of the fish stock collapse which clearly affects our sport.

My question was ‘Would sea angler’s benefit from a free license?’ The reason for asking was to see if you guys think that numbers count when trying to open the door of power and thus would having a free license help in that regard. The AT has suggested that is the case but have failed to attract the numbers they had hoped for.

My idea would be to have a voluntary license funded by the goods and services associated to RSA it would have no conditions other than say act responsibly and might give a clear idea to the government of our strength and more importantly show just how big a contribution to the economy we the RSA are when it come to being stakeholders.

I also have a good idea on how best we can get to grips with the problem of over fishing and in fact do a favor for the UK commercials.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

"The yanks (can I say that on here) have prime time tv coverage of these events."

I'm the official token Yank and I say you can. :D

Welcome to Anglers' Net, by the way.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

"The yanks (can I say that on here) have prime time tv coverage of these events."

I'm the official token Yank and I say you can. :D

Welcome to Anglers' Net, by the way.

Blimey, that looks like another fan my mate DeanO has. :clap:

Whoops spelling, Deene'o :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Getting out of Europe is a UKIP policy but let’s be realistic that is a non starter. HOWEVER :Dwe can opt out of the common fishery policy in the same way as we have over our currency which right now looks to have been a wise thing. This time next week we will have a new government and as soon as the cabinet is formed then we should be there knocking the door of the appropriate minister with our case in hand.

Not too sure about that, was access to what once were UK fish stocks not the golden dowry the UK brought to the party all those years ago...... :unsure:

Not too sure about that, was access to what once were UK fish stocks not the golden dowry the UK brought to the party all those years ago...... :unsure:

Does it give licence to the E U to ruin it for all though? Mind you they have created another healthy industry on the back of it (paper shuffling) :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The Americans have a Bass competition that pays out a million dollars every year you will find a grand up for grabs in the UK at most.

I hope you are better informed about your other points than this one.

The "Yanks" as you so patronisingly call them, have large monetary prizes on "Bass" yes..........FRESHWATER bass, largemouth, and smallmouth.

Does it give licence to the E U to ruin it for all though? Mind you they have created another healthy industry on the back of it (paper shuffling) :)

You would think it did, the CFP must now be the world gold standard for how not to manage anything....... :angry:

As you say it has created a huge industry, the CFP has been brilliant for bureaucrats. Donkeys years ago these same bureaucrats obviously decided that conserving their inflated salaries and pension rights was far more important than conserving any fish stocks, hence why we are where we are now.

Round and round the desk the paper fish merrily go, while in the real world perfectly marketable prime fish are thrown back into the sea dead, all in the name of conservation of course.........:rolleyes:

Edited by stevieg

Round and round the desk the paper fish merrily go.........:rolleyes:

I think one of the bestest examples is the common eel debarcle, They have been suffling for a lot longer than a decade, only just agreed with all on a plan for the eel, now they have to finally agree to action it, don't know when that will be btw. In the mean time our illustrious leaders have come up with the master stroke of banning the rsa for taking any home they might catch. Yup, welcome to their world of high flying management at it's very best.