- - - - -

mitchell/match

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_chriso_*

Guest_chriso_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2000 - 01:25 AM

i have just started fishing again after a few years(kids grown up),but my mitchell reel is in need of a make over as it is now over 25 years old and is starting to show its age. Could somebody please tell me of an address or phone number i could contact to get it refurbished. Thank you.
I live in Farnham in Surrey ,and fish Farnbourgh Angling Waters

#2 Guest_John Weddup_*

Guest_John Weddup_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2000 - 04:32 AM

I have had one of these reals since I was 11. Thats 32 years ago. Its the 410 match still in its original box with two spools. I have not used it lately but after reading your letter I think I might. Can,t help with your question though, tightlines.

John

#3 Guest_chriso_*

Guest_chriso_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2000 - 09:18 PM

thanks for the message John
I wouldnt do without my reel.Up until now it has never let me down on river or lake.
But as with everything parts eventualy get worn and have to be replaced , sooo i hope that somebody out their can help me

many thanks
chriso

#4 Guest_Steve Burke_*

Guest_Steve Burke_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2000 - 10:31 PM

Unless it's changed in the last few months U.K. repairs to Mitchell reels were handled by a very efficient and friendly firm called Reel Care. The address is Units B1 & 2, Church Farm Business Unit, Nursling, Southampton, SO16 0YB. Tel 01703-777232 Fax 01703-738809.

------------------
Wingham Fisheries
www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

#5 Guest_chriso_*

Guest_chriso_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2000 - 06:19 AM

thank you steve for the information.I have just sent my reel off , im told it will be back in two weeks. Also,i would like to thank elton for saying about the fishing game . I have sent an order for the full release of it(dont think the wifes to happy though as i can now fish in the bedroom and on the bank)theres no pleasing some people is there.