I am going to try the method for carp,

is there a specific time of year.

Or can i use it throughout the season.

Any one got any ideas on the method.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

CRAIG.

Guest John Weddup

obviosly it can be a great way of catching carp but i think its crude. If you can cast accurately and feed correctly its not neccasary. It was derived to allow groundbaiting next too the hook bait without any skill involved. I still think clever angling can catch more fish. I have caught my best carp from the margins with light rigs etc,. but more people are now doing this so when the river season ends and I have to go back to carp lakes I may have to try something different. But then that may be the best advice.

Guest RobStubbs

Craig,

I have used the method but have been consistently hopeless with it. I should say I only fish specimen waters and not 'bagging up' type waters with lots of small fish. However I've fished alongside a mate who caught fairly well on the feeder whilst my feeder rod was totally inactive. So I have stopped even trying it as I do as well using standard(ish) carp tactics.

All the above said though you can use the method all year round and it may even be a bigger advantage in the colder months when fish are more lethargic. You have a small atractive ball of groundbait in the immediate vicinity of the hookbait.

Rob.

Thanks JOHN,ROB

I am thinking of using the method

because, as I have started to fish a

new water, and have seen a few anglers

bagging up on it .There is a lot of decent

size fish in the lake and I only seem to

hit one or two, but I have seen the other

anglers taking it apart with the method.

As to your comment John I can cast and spod

quite accurate. But I am looking to steal

a few extra fish at the start of the season.

Thanks CRAIG

P.S MAY YOUR NETS STAY WET .

Guest oliver g

crude it is.but is it anymore crude than the avarege speci hunters methods,i think not!!!.it does produce well especially on your average muddy hole water,& you wont have to wait too long for a bite usually.but dont be tempted to fish too light!carp are carp.personally i find method fishing boring unless im match fishing though

Oliver, you say about fishing light.

What do you mean,and also about

fishing muddy holes im past that stage

im talking about casting at least 70 yards

with the method and I wont be using all my

rods on the method just one to make a change..

so thanks anyway.

craig.

p.s I would still be greatful for any tips you have

that you might have.

Guest oliver g

craig,i have found it nessisary to vary the lenth of the hook length according to the fishes preferances but usualy about 2inches is right,sometimes it pays to tuck the hookbait into the groundbait on the feeder(especialy when you may have problems with small fish),you will tend to get lots of knocks & twitches,often fish eating the groundbait off the feeder! just wait untill the rod tip pulls right round!! remember never use a fixed feeder .

------------------

oli

Guest paulc

I have had a few good sessions on the method feeder 30lb brade casting the feeder 70yds plus loads of fun

anyway i have found that gravel pit lakes are good for this type of fishing

good luck but pack a good rod as casting a huge ball of bait 70 yds takes some doing and the first time i tried fishing like this i broke a rod (only cheap) but was not funny my mates thought it was

good luck