Just Beaten the Guy in peg5

Guest Phillip

Guest Phillip

Yes I just won a 20 mins match from Peg 3 Potters Pool (evaluation version)

This included a Pike(!) of 4lbs 11oz 3dr, only a Jack but hey it's a pike and I did beat Peg 5! which always seems to win)

Guest Elton

It's a jack more than I've had. Mind you, I haven't had time to play it lately frown.gif

I must get round to writing a review of the game for this site, too - I honestly think that the game could catch on.

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest chriso

great game elton havnt caught a pike yet but just about everything else. I dont seem to be able to get a bite on the river, anybody any ideas?

Guest Phillip
Originally posted by Elton:

PS: What did you catch the pike on?

All the best,

Elton

Freelined deadbait. I believe the evaluation version used a Roach as deadbait.

I have found that I only catch Pike if the weather is cold. I have caught them (same tatics) from Peg 1 and Peg 3.

When using freelined deadbait on Peg3 you can pick up some bonus eels and I also had a Perch the other day.

Guest Phillip
Originally posted by chriso:

great game elton havnt caught a pike yet but just about everything else. I dont seem to be able to get a bite on the river, anybody any ideas?

Yes I also find the river swims difficult. I've only caught Dace, the odd Roach, but I did get a Grayling from Peg 6

One thing I've found is that do not re-cast immediately your float gets to the end of the swim. Leave it at the edge of the screen for a little while (I've tried about 30 secs) you often pick up a bite! Usually a Dace. Maybe the programme is simulating the bait rising in the current as the float is held back. Can be difficult to see the float, but you can make it a bit easier by turning on the audible bite detector.

Best of luck!

Guest Phillip

Just done it again!

Had two 20 min matches during lunch and won both and neither from Peg5, and as a bonus all won with Pike including a new record. Details are:-

Match 1 Peg3 Potters Pool

Caught 3 pike for a total of 16lbs 4oz 5dr

Pike were 6lbs 3 oz 1dr, 5lbs 0oz 3dr and 5lbs 1oz 1dr

Match 2 Peg1 Forest View

Caught 1 Perch & 3 pike for a total of 23lbs 12oz 2dr

Perch 1lb 0oz 6dr

Pike 4lbs 6oz 1dr, 4lbs 9oz 4dr and 11lbs 12oz 14dr

I like the last one (my first virtual double!!)

Tight virtual lines

Phillip