Weather Sites

Guest Elton

Wow, with 9 years data and research, that's going to the daddy ot all reviews...can't wait. :lol:

Mind you which ever one Steve recommends, the owners will probably retire a short while later. :whistling:

If that's the case, I'm crossing my fingers that he recommends Anglers' Net soon :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Steve,

Any idea when that review will be done? I need to know if it's worth going fishing on Saturday :D

I'd forgotten all about it! I'm way too busy at present but will eventually get round to it.

One thing I will say now is that Metcheck are no longer as good as they were, at least in my area. It seems to correspond to when they went onto their new system of dividing the country up into smaller units. This should have improved forecasts, but hasn't. They're still very accurate for general weather, amount of rain/snow etc. However their temperatures are way out.

As a result I now use a combination of Metcheck, the Met Office & Wunderground.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'd forgotten all about it! I'm way too busy at present but will eventually get round to it.

One thing I will say now is that Metcheck are no longer as good as they were, at least in my area. It seems to correspond to when they went onto their new system of dividing the country up into smaller units. This should have improved forecasts, but hasn't. They're still very accurate for general weather, amount of rain/snow etc. However their temperatures are way out.

As a result I now use a combination of Metcheck, the Met Office & Wunderground.

I do not touch the met ofice for my region,and thats since the met office moved to Exeter :o

Sites i use are the Weatheroutlook and NetWeather both have forums with link to the lastest model output,you can pick up a lot know how with these as to whats gong to happen.

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

It is annoying that there isn't a single site that's accurate for the whole country. Metcheck is still by far the best for me locally, but (as Steve Said) not great for Wingham. I'm trying to get used to Wunderground, but it's not easy on the eyes.

The BBC weather site is next to useless!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 4 weeks later...
Is anyone using Metchecks CatchCast Fishing Forecast ?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOBBIES/fishing.asp

I wondered how accurate people felt it might be.

Tony

Different waters respond to the weather in different ways.

Ditto different species. For instance on my local waters what's good for pike is poor for perch and vice versa.

So I find no use whatsoever for for this feature of Metcheck's.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I agree, unless it's species-specific, at the very least, it's useless.

However, I bet it's possible for someone to put together a little site that takes the conditions from a weather site that's good for their local area (Metcheck, in my case) and set up some algorithms that give a percentage for conditions of different species. I suppose you may have to manually add in other factors like whether the river is low and clear, low but rising, high but dropping, etc., but I bet the results would be pretty good.

You would need to know what the ideal conditions are for each species in your waters before starting though! And if you know that, there's probably no need for the site, except for others in your area.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music