Get out there fast!

Guest Steve Burke

Guest Steve Burke

With this current very warm weather I have to admit I'm skiving afternoons! And the fishing is brilliant!

I suggest you choose a hard venue that contains some whackers. In these conditions you've a really good chance of catching something special, or at the very least learning something valuable about the water.

I went perching to-day to what we call Heartbreak Pit, so called because it contains very few fish (of any species) except big perch. The average there is just 1 run per 8 trips. In only 4 hours this afternoon I had 5 runs and 4 perch up to 3-12 which is a new pb for this water! You can guess where I'm going tomorrow!

BTW, as far as the weekend goes, Saturday looks better than Sunday as Saturday night is forecast to be chilly.

Let us know if you have a red letter day.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Steve Burke

That was for the benefit of readers. You lot wouldn't let me forget! If I've got to "work" over the weekend I'd better have another day off on Friday. smile.gif

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

Guest Steve Burke

Cooler and bright sunshine so it was almost back to normal to-day. frown.gif

Went for 5 hours. 1 take, 1 fish, 2lbs 11ozs. smile.gif

I shall probably fish the hardest water in the complex to-morrow. It contains the biggest perch of all, possibly 5lbs, but my best so far in 8 trips is about 5 ounces! frown.gif

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

Guest glyn llewellyn

hi steve and everyone

weather was spot on , after a bit of sly baiting managed 19 bream and 1 tench in two visits smile.gif

only trouble i got spotted and ended up with 7 anglers where i was and they killed it frown.gif

Guest RobStubbs

Yep it certainly seems to have started switching on. Syndicate lake threw up 7 or 8 fish including quite a few 20's and a big 30. Unfortunately none were on my rods and all the fair weather anglers are back out again - so crowded waters again.

Rob.

Guest waterman1013

Yes Steve - it's all happening out there.

After netting and electrofishing to mark fish on Friday our lake produced 9 fish on Saturday night/Sunday morning - biggest 17 lb. to six anglers. But no small stuff showing.

Mike

Guest Steve Burke

My trip on Friday produced more small perch than I've ever caught at Heartbreak Pits plus a small rudd and a baby tench. However I did manage a nice perch of 2lbs 3ozs as the sun went down.

It looks as though everywhere is several weeks earlier this year. Indeed we're having to do the weedkilling this week at Wingham as its already over a foot long in places.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries