PC Fishing Game

Guest Elton

Anybody else here tried the new PC fishing game offered by Jason Spooner? If not, there's a free download of it (about 4 meg) at:

http://home.freeuk.net/jcspooner/fishsim.htm

I'm hooked!

I've got to do a review of it for Anglers' Net, but I'm waiting until I've caught a few decent fish first!

Definitely a must for when you can't get out!

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest oliver g

rolleyes.gifthe games ok for 10 mins but you soon start missing the wind & rain,the other day i was catching well dispite it being -4 and snowing heavily!!!on a still water!!!yeah right....i must be close to being a class angler now!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

oli

Originally posted by duttyo:

Thanks for the link to the angling game Elton it's great but I am having trouble trying to catch anthing of a decent size. mad.gif Any tips?

Yep - set the realism to a higher level and try peg 5 to begin with (I think!).

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Thanks all, point taken about the small fish, the big ones are there honest!, I have changed a few fish models to increase the sizes and put a download there. If anyone feels brave, you can edit the .GSF files in the FISH subdirectory with NOTEPAD ! Try increasing the MINSIZE value, it's cheating a bit though !

Jase

I think my brain has just melted.

I found myself midst the throws of boredom (it happens), and just couldn't resist giving this program a whirl.

On the basis I don't actually fish, feel no particular urge to start yet, and generally hate the cold and rain, is there any reason I should take things to the next stage and actually try this 'fishing' of which you all speak so fondly?

Tom

(If anyone knows a suitable location to try this, where mobile phones don't work, it may well swing it)

Guest Phillip

Just won a match from Peg 3 Potters Pool (evaluation version). This included a Pike(!) 4lbs 11oz 3dr.

Only a Jack I know, but hey it's a pike, and I did beat the guy on peg 5 (who always seesms to win!)

Sorry I also posted this as a separate topic, my mistake.

Guest adystate

I just have to say a big thankyou to elton for pointing meat this game. I love it!

I have had the evaluation version for 2 days now and have already spent >20 hrs on it. I must confess I have poked around inthe ini files etc to even up the pegs a bit as I got fed up with peg 5 winning all the time. I thinkthis is going to be the first game I have bought in a long time. biggrin.gif

Guest paulc

One peg 1 in the demo version fishing sweetcorn on a ledger i caught a 9lb 5 oz common carp took me ages rto land it

10lb line size 10 hook

good fun but not as much as the real thing

good game

will buy full version very soon i think