women anglers

Guest carole

Guest carole

Being a women angler, and not really knowing of ang other women anglers around where i live and fish, it would be interesting to know what all you guys feel about us ladys taking up the sport,?

Or whether you think our place is in the kitchen.

I fish quite a few matches and i definately hold my own, and yes all the guys that i fish with say well done when i beat them, BUT what are they really thinking?. yes i know i could ask them, but would they tell me the truth.?

Guest John Weddup

Dear Carole

I am sure I am voicing the feelings of the other intelligent anglers that visit this site in that we are not in the slightest prejudice against anybody fishing. We need more anglers on the banks. I like many others here run a business and my success is perhaps partly due to the fact I consider us all egual. Having come from a basically working class, poor background financially , I dont think twice about race colour or sexuality. We are all equall. I would only say please encourage more women anglers so that we arent looked at as a male chauvinist sport.

Guest GlennB

Don't think in terms of being a 'lady angler',just 'an angler'.

As far as the blokes' attitude is concerned, chances are that getting a peg close to you in a match will wind them up and get them nervy. One up to you.

Personally, I can't see any reason for separate men's and women's championships. It's not as if angling were like shot-putting where physical stature and strength are an issue.

Rock on, tight lines etc etc smile.gif

Glenn B

Guest chriso

Women on the bank works for me.cant see anybody complaining, its more numbers at your fishing club. And makes fishing a lot more pleasant(in the nicest possible way). chriso

Carole

For the past 6 years I have run an event for all young people under 18 on the day of the match. I seldom get females coming forward, I also do teaching and again no girls, a school asked if I would set up an angling club for them again no girls.

The match I run is on behalf of West Yorkshire Police and goes under the name 'Get Hooked on Fishing not Drugs or Crime'

if you are interested drop me a line.

David Speight, Photographic Dept, West Yorkshire Police Headquarters, PO Box 9 Wakefield, WF1 3QZ. please do not phone me at work im nearly always out working.

Guest Graham E

Hi Carole,

I welcome women anglers on the bank, they are all too rare. Last week for example there was not a single lady angler amongst over 30 people fishing.

I had to brew my own tea, clear the bankside vegetation, no one to send down to the pub for refreshments, my wellies were covered in mud and I had to clean them myself. Its really not fair....

Seriously, We are lucky to have a few serious and very skillful women in our club and if the men in general were as committed to the management of the fishing as the women we would be very pleased.

More power to your elbow, Please encourage more women to join the greatest hobby(addiction ) in the world.

G

Guest Kenny Beck
Originally posted by John Weddup:

Dear Carole

I am sure I am voicing the feelings of the other intelligent anglers that visit this site in that we are not in the slightest prejudice against anybody fishing. We need more anglers on the banks. I like many others here run a business and my success is perhaps partly due to the fact I consider us all egual. Having come from a basically working class, poor background financially , I dont think twice about race colour or sexuality. We are all equall. I would only say please encourage more women anglers so that we arent looked at as a male chauvinist sport.

------------------

Guest carole
Originally posted by Graham E:

Hi Carole,

I welcome women anglers on the bank, they are all too rare. Last week for example there was not a single lady angler amongst over 30 people fishing.

I had to brew my own tea, clear the bankside vegetation, no one to send down to the pub for refreshments, my wellies were covered in mud and I had to clean them myself. Its really not fair....

Seriously, We are lucky to have a few serious and very skillful women in our club and if the men in general were as committed to the management of the fishing as the women we would be very pleased.

More power to your elbow, Please encourage more women to join the greatest hobby(addiction ) in the world.

G

hi graham thanks for your reply you nearly had me going there, with that first paragraph. but seriously what was it you wanted from the pub...

Guest Graham E

Well Carole,

as we are all equal now,and Gender doesn't matter,I'll have a Malibu and Coke with a straw and umbrella, and for my friend Rodney a Pina Colada with lots of fruit. Make sure you don't trip over the handbags in the middle of the ladies dancing in front of the bar.

Didn't the women anglers do brilliantly at the last World Champs. It is a fact that women can do more things at the same time than men. .

Whenever I try to feed and cast at the same time I simply get confused and end up with bait over my wellies or the float in a hedge.

Must stop this is sounding like a chatline!

G