Pellets

Guest Cyril

Guest Cyril

Hello,

I would like to know how to use pellets for feeder fishing in stillwaters and rivers ?

Thanks for your answer.

Cheers, Cyril

Cyril

If you mean that you want to use pellets in your feeder as loose bait then in still water you have some choices.

I assume that you are fishing at range and need to use a feeder to get it out there and that a catapult is no good.

1. you can mix a bit of method or other groundbait and use this as a plug for both ends of your block feeder to retain the pellets on the cast. This will break down and leave your pellets in the swim on each cast and reteive. After a minute or two depending on the mix, pull back your end tackle a few inches to empty the feeder and position your hook in the free pellet.

2. you can dispense with the feeder and use a pvu bag of pellets tied to your weight. this will have the advantage of making the pellets accessable to the fish from the off in the area of your hook bait.

In running water generally you wont be fishing at extreme range but you can use the block end method. Or ball the pellets in groundbait and place this at the head of your swim. Or you can use a closed feeder with holes appropriate to the diamiter of the small pellets(open them up if required)so that the current will wash them out in a steady stream.

Hope this helps

IanG

[This message has been edited by IanG (edited 06 April 2000).]

Guest A.Rawlings

Hello Cyril.

You can also scald pellets with boiling water.Just add a small amount of pellets into a bait box and add hot water, leave for a while and when you come back to them they should be all mushy and then you can bind it around a method feeder.

If you use a pva bag try using either a pop-up style bait. Or use some solar dissolving foam.This is so when the bag melts the hook-bait makes it's way to the top of the pile and then sits on top. Sometimes fish won't attack the pile of bait but if the bait is on top it does'nt have to. I hope it works because it did for me this winter (4 twenty's) GOOD LUCK.

Guest Graham E

Cyril.

I have still got to forward books to you. They are sitting in the lounge. Very Busy!

I have made this mistake before but can any anglers using and writing on pellets please ensure they specify carp pellets and make a point of saying NOT trout pellets.

Thanks

Graham