carnage

Guest Trevor Babich

Guest Trevor Babich

Elton said to use his name lest you think I am spamming.Plse go into fishingowl.co.za You might like to respond to the 2 articles in the news section.The secretary of the organising bodies e- mail is on page 1.If you do plse foreward your response to me trev@tnsprint.co.za

Many thanks

Trevor Babich

------------------

Guest waterman1013

Trevor

I printed out the article and it certainly seems horrendous. frown.gif Is there no close season in SA to protect spawning fish?

I shall respond to the secretary concerned and copy you with that response, but it needs to be carefully considered. He might just see it as some Brit with colonialist ideas telling the empire what to do again, which would not be the intention. I don't want to do more harm than good.

However I am sure you will have the support of all thinking anglers, across the world, in your battle with them.

Good luck

Mike

WHY??

Do they eat the fish? I suspect not. What is the point of all that carnage. Have they never heard of Keepnets and scales. They MUST realise the short term nature of what they are doing or is this another minority cultural mentality problem which they will need to be dragged out of kicking and screaming.

confused.gif

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Mike and Ian,

many thanks for your response.What I am trying to achieve is to stop these so called anglers from eating all their cake in one day and sharing it sensibly amongst all other anglers and future generations.In other words sustainable long term use of a natural resource.

By their actions they are making anglers sitting ducks for the hug a bunny anti blood sport organisations.

The carp in question were sold at the british equivalent of 5p per kg they are salted and exported to Japan.

We have been somewhat isolated out here in Africa and the feelings of more enlightened overseas anglers will help to drag our fisherman biting and screaming out of the dark ages and any help we can get irrespective of where it comes from will help.

I am new to computers and this page scares the living daylights out of me so I hope I am doing it right if not plse bring me out of the Abacus age.

Regards,

Trevor

Guest waterman1013

Trevor

You are doing great. This is the best angling website about and its good to have you with us. smile.gif

I have some friends in Durban, who are constantly telling me to come out to SA for the fishing. Are you far from Durban?

Mike

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Mike,

Durban is in our terms close to me in johannes burg only 600 odd ks.We have a much smaller population than you spread over a larger area Most of S.A. gets its rain in sudden downpours so we need lots of dams to store the water our average temperatures are high and fish grow well without having to be fed.

By comparison we have about a million coarse anglers and excluding rivers about 2000kms of coarse angling shoreline. Our methods out here are rather unsophisticated compared to yours when it comes to carp angling.Being of the old school I still use match airials and 6lb mono. I had one of your carpers KarlStarnes of ukcarpnet out here in Dec you might like to contact him for an honest opinion cause I am biased in favour of S.A. My youngest son was born in the Poole

and quite frankly I would find your weather too much to cope with.

If you do come out plse contact me and I can give you a lot of help.

Regards,

Trevor

You are doing great Trevor and I would like to help in any way I can. Just tell me where to post a comment and I will do. I looked around the Fishingowl site but couldnt find a place to post my support. I have relatives in Jo'burg on the NET who I am sure would lend support to your efforts if you tell me where you want it.

More power to your elbow and who knows we may meet next time Im in SA.

IanG

Guest Trevor Babich

Hi Ian,

the secretary of the S.A.LTB Assn is lambert@act.co.za Your help would be appreciated. If you do come out to S.A. plse let me know. I stay in Benoni which is just east of Johannesburg. I live on the banks of a lake of about 200ha and we can do some fishing in my front garden. See previos message about Karl Starnes for unbiased opinion of us S.A.barbarians.

Take care,

Regards,

Trevor