River Thames carping

Guest chicken jimmer

Guest chicken jimmer

I'm currently considering attempting carping on the River Thames in the Chertsey/Weybridge area, and was wondering about location of the fish. Does anyone have any knowledge of where carp can be located (esp. in summer) in this stretch? Do they have a tendency to shoal, or roam?

Cheers

chicken jimmer

Guest oliver g

i dont know the thames but on my rivers fish tend to be almost migratery,prefering shallow weedy areas june to aug,then deep bits usually just above weirs aug to oct (the best time of year)then any where they can hold up unce the sluces are open for winter.my mate caught a 25lb common last sept from the tiny r.yeo in somerset,river carp are so under fished that suprises do seem to turn up but only if you put in the work,.good luck

------------------

oli

Guest waterman1013

CJ

Observation shows fish always near bridges. Carp seem drawn to them, I've seen it in Italy, france and Hungary, the UK cannot be that different. Find a bridge and start on the downstream side fishing close to the supports. If you can cross the bridge try observing from above and use some flake or crust to try and get them to show themselves.

Good luck, let us all know how you get on.

Mike