Fishing Teams

Leon Roskilly

Leon

may i ask where it is that you are trouting?

So far learning experience has been limited to Parkwood Trout Farm ( http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/63848 ), which has a couple of smallish fishing lakes on site, and the Canterbury and District Angling Association's Trout Pool ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonrosk/sets...304595693/show/ ), which is a larger and more natural looking lake, with pike and perch present for added interest.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far learning experience has been limited to Parkwood Trout Farm ( http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/63848 ), which has a couple of smallish fishing lakes on site, and the Canterbury and District Angling Association's Trout Pool ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonrosk/sets...304595693/show/ ), which is a larger and more natural looking lake, with pike and perch present for added interest.

That's interesting.Never heard of Parkwood,is it day ticket?if so any more info on it please?.

You have a reasonable selection of fisheries down there.Brick Farm at Herstmonceaux,not pretty but full of fish,reasnoably priced as well.Stowting,Tenterden and Lakedown,which is actually in East Sussex.

That's interesting.Never heard of Parkwood,is it day ticket?if so any more info on it please?.

Hi Chuby,

Parkwood is closed Monday - Wednesday inclusive.

On other days it's £12.50 which includes the 1st kilo of fish (thereafter £6.50 per kilo for retained fish).

The two lakes are resonably well stocked, but not excessively so.

Off the M20 a way, it's a little difficult to find down the lanes so best to study the layout with Google Earth first.

Drive in, park up fish, then pay at the shop at the end of the session.

There's tea-making facilities on site :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Hi Chuby,

Parkwood is closed Monday - Wednesday inclusive.

On other days it's £12.50 which includes the 1st kilo of fish (thereafter £6.50 per kilo for retained fish).

The two lakes are resonably well stocked, but not excessively so.

Off the M20 a way, it's a little difficult to find down the lanes so best to study the layout with Google Earth first.

Drive in, park up fish, then pay at the shop at the end of the session.

There's tea-making facilities on site :)

Thanks Leon,

might well give it a go over the xmas period,need to meet up with someone(a bit of a novice) from Ramsgate so guess it would be a equidistant drive for us,me coming from Surrey.

Does it allow Catch and release or is it all catch and kill?

By the way,if you are going to give droppers a bash,keep the heaviest fly on the point,that way the leader will turn over easier,least ways thats the theory :D

Thanks Leon,

might well give it a go over the xmas period,need to meet up with someone(a bit of a novice) from Ramsgate so guess it would be a equidistant drive for us,me coming from Surrey.

Does it allow Catch and release or is it all catch and kill?

By the way,if you are going to give droppers a bash,keep the heaviest fly on the point,that way the leader will turn over easier,least ways that's the theory :D

Chubby

It is catch and kill fish are charged at the rate mentioned by Leon after your first kilo. It's a nice water for beginners not too expensive and they can be confident of covering fish even if their casting is limited. I have been taking Sue along as it is an ideal water for her to learn how to fly fish.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Chubby

It is catch and kill fish are charged at the rate mentioned by Leon after your first kilo. It's a nice water for beginners not too expensive and they can be confident of covering fish even if their casting is limited. I have been taking Sue along as it is an ideal water for her to learn how to fly fish.

Tony

Ok thanks chaps.Will mark that one down as a possible over xmas.

I SHAN'T be using droppers though,double hook up at £6.50 a kilo :o:D ,Looks good for the novice fella that wants to go however.

B)

Shame that there are so few catch and release fisheries about.A couple reasonably close by here but mostly catch and kill.Just get fed up with banging em in the freezer and it gets a tad pricey when you bag up double quick :rolleyes: .

Edited by chuby

Shame that there are so few catch and release fisheries about.A couple reasonably close by here but mostly catch and kill.Just get fed up with banging em in the freezer and it gets a tad pricey when you bag up double quick :rolleyes: .

The Canterbury and District AA Trout Pool (Members only £10 per session (All day winter, dawn to 2pm - 2pm dusk Summer) has a 2 fish bag limit + 2 C&R (If it's a bagging day you can buy an extension for another £10 for the session giving you the same bag again).

Might be worth joining :)

(Members can also fly-fish the 'coarse' section of the river Stour. There are trout, but far and few between, and pike)

RNLI Shoreline Member

The Canterbury and District AA Trout Pool (Members only £10 per session (All day winter, dawn to 2pm - 2pm dusk Summer) has a 2 fish bag limit + 2 C&R (If it's a bagging day you can buy an extension for another £10 for the session giving you the same bag again).

Might be worth joining :)

(Members can also fly-fish the 'coarse' section of the river Stour. There are trout, but far and few between, and pike)

Leon,i will tell the guy about that,thanks.Bit of a hike for me alas :angry: ,least ways to do it on a regular basis.Most of my trouting is in Surrey,occasional foray to West Sussex,Chalk Springs,Duncton Mill etc and the very occasional trip down to Brick Farm or Lakedown.

Trouble is,as i get older i am less keen on driving too far :angry:

Edited by chuby