Angling Trust courts Kayakers

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't understand why the press release on this hasn't been received yet, Leon. I did receive it second hand, but can't publish them like that :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Can't understand why the press release on this hasn't been received yet, Leon. I did receive it second hand, but can't publish them like that :(
What are this sites views on the AT a lot of disgruntled kayakers about at the mo

What are this sites views on the AT a lot of disgruntled kayakers about at the mo

I've no idea, Lozz. What are the reasons for the disgruntlement? (is that a word?!!)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I've no idea, Lozz. What are the reasons for the disgruntlement? (is that a word?!!)
The main gripe seems to be that this was done behind closed doors decisions made on our behalf and we werent even cosulted if we wanted this .I and quite a few others are suspicious of the AT whether this is justifyed or not remains to be seen but there track record doesnt seem that great.

The Anglers Afloat website seems to have done a deal with the Angling Trust and now the AA website is by defacto claiming to represent all kayackers in the UK with one of their members sitting on the board of the AT

Theres more than a few disgruntled AA members who I'm led to believe are not happy about this tie up arrangement and are not too happy with the AT's involvement

Theres also a seperate AT section on the AA website where forum members who are members of the AT can discuss matters relating to the AT away from the eyes of those who are'nt members

Bit secret squirrel like

As far as members views on here are concerned then I know they range from the highly supportive to the highly critical but all comments are viewable and traceble

Cheers, guys. Some interesting reading, for sure, none of which had been on my radar before :thumbs:

Kind of makes you wonder whats going on though does'nt it, some of those Northern views are quite strong and not very complimentry but it would seem that some of the Southern yakkers feel the same way

Is there a real need for yakkers to be represented as a seperate RSA entity as say against small boat owners like me?