Petition to save coastguard stations

seafoods

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please sign the petition to try to stop the madness of reducing the Uk coastline from 18 to 3 full time coastguard rescue co-ordination centres

http://www.petitiononline.com/ukcghq/petition.html

Sighned shocking i have plastered this all over the place its disgusting to say the least trying to get the local paper to do something on it our local MP is conservative we are waiting for his response he represents a lot people who live on coast lets see where his loyalties lye in a large tax free g+t in commons bar probably.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Sighned shocking i have plastered this all over the place its disgusting to say the least trying to get the local paper to do something on it our local MP is conservative we are waiting for his response he represents a lot people who live on coast lets see where his loyalties lye in a large tax free g+t in commons bar probably.

paul.

Here we go again another petition and every one rushing to sign it and none of you can have given this matter any real thought, well I for one am not going to sign it and here is why.

First of the two big points you make are ‘no local knowledge’ well as it happens it will be the same rescue boats from the RNLI that go to the aid of these in distress along with the same local crews. The helicopters will be crewed as always by highly trained folk few of whom have in the past or will in the future be local.

Secondly you go on about a regional centre that has not opened presumably the one for the south west, while I don’t know the full story of what has gone wrong here I do know that similar concerns were raised in Hampshire some years ago when their regional HQ was set up, but for the past three years a BBC TV programme called ‘Real Rescue’ has followed the emergency services working from this centre and clearly show how well it works.

Still in Hampshire is the national air traffic control again after a few hic ups at the out set this is now a model of success.

Should you still need convincing then look at the technologies that are now available to the public, for example on a recent fishing trip when we were a few miles off of Lands End one of the lads pulled out his mobile device, we can’t call them just a phone now-a-days, any way one of the apps pinpointed his position and on the same map there was other shipping inc tankers, container boats, trawlers and one touch on any of them would identify the ship its speed port of departure and destination with an ETA press the sky button and there were all the aircraft above us again all with similar information.

So if you think the idea of a regional centre for the MCA is unworkable then I honestly believe your having a laugh.

Tight Lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

paul.

Cheers Paul, the more who sign it the better mate

Here we go again another petition and every one rushing to sign it and none of you can have given this matter any real thought, well I for one am not going to sign it and here is why.

First of the two big points you make are ‘no local knowledge’ well as it happens it will be the same rescue boats from the RNLI that go to the aid of these in distress along with the same local crews. The helicopters will be crewed as always by highly trained folk few of whom have in the past or will in the future be local.

Secondly you go on about a regional centre that has not opened presumably the one for the south west, while I don’t know the full story of what has gone wrong here I do know that similar concerns were raised in Hampshire some years ago when their regional HQ was set up, but for the past three years a BBC TV programme called ‘Real Rescue’ has followed the emergency services working from this centre and clearly show how well it works.

Still in Hampshire is the national air traffic control again after a few hic ups at the out set this is now a model of success.

Should you still need convincing then look at the technologies that are now available to the public, for example on a recent fishing trip when we were a few miles off of Lands End one of the lads pulled out his mobile device, we can’t call them just a phone now-a-days, any way one of the apps pinpointed his position and on the same map there was other shipping inc tankers, container boats, trawlers and one touch on any of them would identify the ship its speed port of departure and destination with an ETA press the sky button and there were all the aircraft above us again all with similar information.

So if you think the idea of a regional centre for the MCA is unworkable then I honestly believe your having a laugh.

Tight Lines Bob

Exactly the same post you put on WSF Bob, you were wrong there and you are wrong here. I am a volunteer coastguard - have been for over twenty years, I'm now Station Officer of my local team. We are co-ordinated from Liverpool MRCC - which is likely to be lost in these cuts. The watch officers at Liverpool have regular 'familiarity visits' where they spend days travelling different sectors of the area they co-ordinate, they know the area, they even know local place names (local names not on charts), they know exactly which team to task - this will be lost, delays will happen, lives will be lost. This is how folk in the real world are thinking Bob - coastguards and lifeboat crews so please refrain from posting your uninformed drivel to put folk off signing, LIVES WILL BE LOST if this goes ahead.

Exactly the same post you put on WSF Bob, you were wrong there and you are wrong here. I am a volunteer coastguard - have been for over twenty years, I'm now Station Officer of my local team. We are co-ordinated from Liverpool MRCC - which is likely to be lost in these cuts. The watch officers at Liverpool have regular 'familiarity visits' where they spend days travelling different sectors of the area they co-ordinate, they know the area, they even know local place names (local names not on charts), they know exactly which team to task - this will be lost, delays will happen, lives will be lost. This is how folk in the real world are thinking Bob - coastguards and lifeboat crews so please refrain from posting your uninformed drivel to put folk off signing, LIVES WILL BE LOST if this goes ahead.

Sorry Seafoods I simply don’t agree nor for that matter do the government it seems.

This has not just been dreamed up old chap, the idea would have been set by the last administration and now has cross party support.

I would therefore conclude that those with far more knowledge of modern technology than your good self have put this plan together.

Tight Lines

Sorry Seafoods I simply don’t agree nor for that matter do the government it seems.

This has not just been dreamed up old chap, the idea would have been set by the last administration and now has cross party support.

I would therefore conclude that those with far more knowledge of modern technology than your good self have put this plan together.

Tight Lines

You are quite at liberty to disagree Bob, freedom of choice is what our country fought for.

It does not have cross party support and the idea was not dream't up by any administration, it was dream't up by some civil servant or other who was asked to find a way to save money from the DTI budget. The ones with 'far more knowledge of modern technology' have trialed this idea in a desktop excersise nothing more, and even that was without real time input from the chosen day of UK wide incidents. They were asked to trial it using an actual operations room with actual watch operators from an MRCC using real time input, this has not been done yet. It is untried technology with untried ideas and is unlikely to work.

You are quite at liberty to disagree Bob, freedom of choice is what our country fought for.

It does not have cross party support and the idea was not dream't up by any administration, it was dream't up by some civil servant or other who was asked to find a way to save money from the DTI budget. The ones with 'far more knowledge of modern technology' have trialed this idea in a desktop excersise nothing more, and even that was without real time input from the chosen day of UK wide incidents. They were asked to trial it using an actual operations room with actual watch operators from an MRCC using real time input, this has not been done yet. It is untried technology with untried ideas and is unlikely to work.

Seafoods Thank you for acknowledging my right to reply.

I would love to know where you gained the information to which you refer and see proof of your claim as I would not expect any government to put the idea into place until tried and tested.

I say again if a national centre can work for aviation then why not for the MCA.

Has Falmouth Coast Guard not been involved with incidents far from our shores over the past year or so, well this idea offers advances in that technology and has to be worth considering. Any cost saving would only ever be seen as a bonus not the driving force as you suggest.

Finally I’m reasonably sure that it was the last administration that posed the question to the civil service and before the current economic problems, the fact that the coalition are supporting it would prove the cross party support.

Why not go look at the detail here>>>> http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga07-home

Seafoods Thank you for acknowledging my right to reply.

I would love to know where you gained the information to which you refer and see proof of your claim as I would not expect any government to put the idea into place until tried and tested.

I say again if a national centre can work for aviation then why not for the MCA.

Has Falmouth Coast Guard not been involved with incidents far from our shores over the past year or so, well this idea offers advances in that technology and has to be worth considering. Any cost saving would only ever be seen as a bonus not the driving force as you suggest.

Finally I’m reasonably sure that it was the last administration that posed the question to the civil service and before the current economic problems, the fact that the coalition are supporting it would prove the cross party support.

Why not go look at the detail here>>>> http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga07-home

Bob coastguards all over the country are up in arms and you say no goverment would introduce anything without thinking it through margeret thatcher made one of worst blunders in our political history introducing the poll tax which was totally wrong i think this petition will gain massive support this is all about saving money it wouldnt make news headlines if it was the right decision boffins in offices being there jobs worth.

Bob it was john prescot who originally after advice from cival servants trying to save money thought the idea up but dropped the idea after massive oposition that was 10 years ago Tory Party Chairman Michael Ancram said the closures were embarrassing for Mr Prescott to announce but they themselves 10 years later are implementing them hipocrites

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

............. margeret thatcher made one of worst blunders in our political history introducing the poll tax which was totally wrong

Why?

As Bob pointed out to me tonight, Norman Tebbit at that time put it in perspective when asked about the poll tax compared with the rates, why should someone have to pay more for a packet of cornflakes just because he lives in a bigger house.

That is what you have with regards to the rates, different cost for the same service. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..