Petition to save coastguard stations

seafoods

Don’t go saying I do not recognise the value of local knowledge when I have been at odds to say how I believe that can and will be incorporated in these plans. The fact that you have made it seem an imposable task is the sad truth, just as you say the top man has said delays may happen you forgot to mention that he also said that delays happen with the current system.

Look I don’t know for sure that this idea will work but as even Davey has said it looks to have benefits and while we are short of an alternative and standing still is not an option what are the powers at be to do.

You also asked if I have been involved in SAR, no, but I have been involved with the recovery of a body here in Cornwall which was some 30 odd years ago, none the less the sight will remain with me until I die.

TL Bob

For my reply see link below - as Bob's question was about something I posted on another forum I felt it only right to copy my reply to it - I saw his next post there before here so posted a reply.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...d=1#post3105654

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That respect for me and the vast majority will decrease when those services are used as a political or industrial weapon.

If I'm an ignoramus how do you explain that the likes of Wurzel and even Sandtiger can see the possible benefits of these changes?

Bob, please don't assume that simply because I see some good points in the proposal that I support the wholesale carnage that is bieng suggested.

You are a total ignoramus, and as such are not 'fit for purpose.'

Steve

Let me be quite clear about this I have every respect and admiration for those that enter any of our emergency services.

That respect for me and the vast majority will decrease when those services are used as a political or industrial weapon.

If I'm an ignoramus how do you explain that the likes of Wurzel and even Sandtiger can see the possible benefits of these changes?

I couldn’t care less if this saves money or not the MCA requires change, they know it, I know it and if you were for one moment truthful then you would admit it too.

Seafoods has suggested that an alternative has been put forward, well I'm open minded enough to have a look at it, are you?

TL Bob

Sandtiger and Wurzel have expressed an opinion, which anyone is more than entitled to do. You, however, have tried to twist facts, put words into peoples' mouths and resorted to the tactics of the gutter press in order to express your own.

I wish I was able to post some relevant information about 'improved' mobilising systems and all singing all dancing IT software, but I can't, for fear of losing my job.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Right Gents kindly calm it a little or the thread my have to be locked I know that this is an emotive subject and one that is dear to the hearts of many of us who have worked in SAR I did 7 years as an auxillary coastguard and hold my own views on the subject however we do need to maintain a little decorum.

Thank You

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I've removed a few posts; probably not as many as I should have, yet on the other hand, probably some that could have stayed. It isn't an exact science, unfortunately.

We want this thread to stay. It's an important issue and people would be allowed to discuss it in an adult manner.

However, please note that personal attacks and general abuse will not be tolerated. We've let this one ride, but will not be able to next time.

Please carry on where the topic left off, should you wish to:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've removed a few posts; probably not as many as I should have, yet on the other hand, probably some that could have stayed. It isn't an exact science, unfortunately.

We want this thread to stay. It's an important issue and people would be allowed to discuss it in an adult manner.

However, please note that personal attacks and general abuse will not be tolerated. We've let this one ride, but will not be able to next time.

Please carry on where the topic left off, should you wish to:

Thanks Elton, and the other moderators involved, for restoring the thread. As the OP I feel strongly that what has been proposed by the Chief Coastguard will, inevitably, cost lives because it will build delays into the system. As a volunteer coastguard I don't think the proposal is workable. Sir Alan Massey has been led to believe by his 'advisors' that the idea has been trialed in an Ops room scenario using real watchkeepers and real time comms inputs. At Liverpool MRCC on thursday he was told that this is not the case - a trial had been promised (and minuted) at a meeting before he took up his post, but never took place. He agreed to check up on this and then hold the trial - people in the know are certain this will send the trial Ops room into meltdown as it is unworkable in the proposed manner. Having worked with some of these people for years I trust their judgement and look forward to it all falling apart. The PCSU have been involved in talks for some time with the MCA about these proposals and have put alternative proposals to them so we have to wait and see.

If the person responsible for the near meltdown of the thread posts in a similar manner to before I won't hesitate to report it to the moderators, the subject is much too important to be lost because of one idiot.

Thanks Elton, and the other moderators involved, for restoring the thread. As the OP I feel strongly that what has been proposed by the Chief Coastguard will, inevitably, cost lives because it will build delays into the system. As a volunteer coastguard I don't think the proposal is workable. Sir Alan Massey has been led to believe by his 'advisors' that the idea has been trialed in an Ops room scenario using real watchkeepers and real time comms inputs. At Liverpool MRCC on thursday he was told that this is not the case - a trial had been promised (and minuted) at a meeting before he took up his post, but never took place. He agreed to check up on this and then hold the trial - people in the know are certain this will send the trial Ops room into meltdown as it is unworkable in the proposed manner. Having worked with some of these people for years I trust their judgement and look forward to it all falling apart. The PCSU have been involved in talks for some time with the MCA about these proposals and have put alternative proposals to them so we have to wait and see.

If the person responsible for the near meltdown of the thread posts in a similar manner to before I won't hesitate to report it to the moderators, the subject is much too important to be lost because of one idiot.

I have to agree this thread needs to back in the spot light i am very concerned at whats on offer it is about saving money not saving lifes which to me is shocking we all have our own opinions which can boil over at times but this is a very sensitive topic it did get personal which is wrong we are all grown men or boys sometimes but lets keep it constructive. :)

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi all

Can I add my sincere thanks to the mods for drawing a line under the name calling and bad language none of which was necessary or will it help the author of this thread?

Yes I'm still here and intend to support the management proposals until they are proven to be wrong.

Thus far we have had 'Local knowledge' the loss of which it is claimed will cause 'Delays'.

As it is now many of the operation rooms around the country are currently staffed by non locals and it has been proven time and again that using 'local talk' rather than procedure can and does cost time. The S&R teams will remain 'loca'l the RNLI will remain 'local' fire, police and ambulance again all local.

The coordinators do not need to be local as far as I can see it and that is the view of the men at the top.

If Falmouth can successfully coordinate a rescue, as they did this week in the South Atlantic (8000 miles distance) with various language difficulties added in for good measure then I fail to see how a well equipped operation room staffed with highly trained folk in the Solent could not coordinate a rescue in Falmouth (250 miles distant)

The next point has been to suggest that the plan won't work, but it has as yet not yet been tested, which indecently has been known for some time. The brains that are putting this together seem confident so should we not wait and see, to suggest as posted above 'look forward to it falling apart' when all are agreed there is a need to up date puts our author in a pretty poor light.

{content removed. Not on topic and designed to provoke a reaction. Newt}

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Here is the interview with Vice - Admiral Sir Alan Massey it is the first 4min. 45sec. on this link.>>>>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00x7...ght_07_01_2011/

tight lines Bob

I will watch and consider the Vice Admirals views but am curious as to why other views have been erased?

"Bad language"?! :D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

I will watch and consider the Vice Admirals views but am curious as to why other views have been erased?

"Bad language"?! :D

Not too many actual 'views' have been erased mate - just the bit where everybody got a wee bit annoyed by the flamimg troll.