Time to kick sea fishing out of the Angling Trust

Elton

If that is the case, I believe that the Trust should cast aside all concept of representing sea anglers, who neither want, nor respect, representation, and concentrate on those who are prepared to pay for their sport. So, No1 on my wish list - kick sea angling out of the Angling Trust.

Full article here:

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/S...-Angling-Trust/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apart from a few variations, that's not too far away from the item at the top of my wish list.

I believe that the sea anglers should cast aside all concept of represention by the Angling Trust, which neither understands nor respects them, and concentrate on those who are prepared to fight to defend their sport. So, No1 on my wish list - kick the Angling Trust out of sea angling.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Having read the whole article, it makes a lot of sense to me, apart from the Angling Trust selling fishing licences, or any suggestion they have control over waterways, or environmental issues.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Anyone know what this is supposed to mean?

"And, while I’m at it, I don’t know what has happened to the assurances given by Mr Benyon, boss of Defra. Once again, the commercial sea fishing interests seem to be getting not only a larger slice of the marine cake than that to which they are entitled, but the whole cake, stand and table that the stand sits on!"

If that is the case, I believe that the Trust should cast aside all concept of representing sea anglers, who neither want, nor respect, representation, and concentrate on those who are prepared to pay for their sport. So, No1 on my wish list - kick sea angling out of the Angling Trust.

Full article here:

The Angling Trust will not, if you will pardon the pun, cast aside sea angling for two very obvious reasons.

Firstly, not while there is a glimmer of hope that they may benefit from a windfall share of revenue from the introduction of a rod licence for RSA.

Secondly they have support of sorts for their view of the need to conserve restrict and manage RSA for what is in their view the greater good. This membership is likely to grow as the debate of proposed conservation zones becomes closer to reality, because there are those that believe fish stocks are in decline every bit as much as there are those that don’t.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Secondly they have support of sorts for their view of the need to conserve restrict and manage RSA for what is in their view the greater good. This membership is likely to grow as the debate of proposed conservation zones becomes closer to reality, because there are those that believe fish stocks are in decline every bit as much as there are those that don’t.

What do you think, Bob?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

What do the rest of us have to do to get the AT to kick us out and quietly complete the essential process of disappearing up its own backside? Just hope that the lasting legacy of the AT is not the destruction of the ACA.

Full article here:

The Angling Trust will not, if you will pardon the pun, cast aside sea angling for two very obvious reasons.

Firstly, not while there is a glimmer of hope that they may benefit from a windfall share of revenue from the introduction of a rod licence for RSA.

:o While I agree that the Angling Trust is totally incompetent at communicating with sea anglers, they are, and until a "better" organisation comes along, they are the "ONLY" organisation to represent angling and anglers. The old NFSA were the sea anglers representatives and they were worse than the AT, just avoiding bankruptcy, hence their amalgamation into the AT. The AT is mostly made up of coarse anglers, who in the large part pay for a licence to fish, so obviously that is where the majority of their time and money goes. If more sea anglers joined then a larger proportion of their income and time would be directed to sea angling. I think the AT SHOULD sell rod licences because every rod licence sold is income, the Post Office don't sell them for nothing. I also think that the AT should ballot it's members on if they want a sea angling licence, or not, providing sea angling benefits from the proceeds, like the coarse and game anglers do, it's not just a tax on angling. I've always been prepared to pay for a licence but MAFF, now Defra, didn't want us to have one because, in their words, "we'd want something for it". The last government floated the idea of a sea angling licence but because they knew we'd, "want something for it", dropped it because the commercials didn't want us to have one. If we had "TO PAY FOR" a sea licence, COMMERCIALS WERE GIVEN THEIRS FREE OF CHARGE, we'd want our own quotas and the commercials who fund the Labour party weren't going to give us a share of "THEIR QUOTAS". Poor as it is for sea anglers, the AT is all we have, join up and make them change their attitude and treat ALL anglers equally, or let those who think they can do a "better job" try, and we'll see what happens. I'll probably take up puddle dipping, fluff chucking or move somewhere warm, NZ looks good.:o

Edited by Norm B