places to fish in widnes,n surrounding areas

ian mckay

i live in widnes which is in cheshire and im just wondering if anyone knows any good places i can fish,what are in widnes or not to far away from widnes, i like to fish ponds but im willing to try lakes, i need somewere to fish were i can see my motorbike why im fishing because in the past when ive been fishing my bike as been stolen,,please help me out cause im getting really bored fishing at my local pond all the time.

ooooooooo rrrrrrrrrr ive gotta bite

Hi Ian, you don't say what type of fishing you are looking for, but there are some good canal stretches Sankey/St.helens, Bridgewater, as well as stillwaters, check out Warrington Anglers club (should have a website) they have several waters around this area for carp and silver fish, also border fishery as mentioned above which is just off the M56 at Stretton, how far can you travel?

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Halsneed Park is a day ticket water in Whiston(just up the road) £5 a day or £20 a year,haven't fished the place for years my self (since the old BICC used own it,now perelea) but used allways get lovally bags a tench and the odd carp(loads of doubls there).It's based in a Caravan park called Halsneed park,not the first little lake on your left as thats mellors(another day ticket hard to fish though)u can park your bike right behind ware you fish on pegs 1-8 and can see the car park from all over the lake apart from behing the island

you could try Milton green on the a 41 8 miles out of chester its a day ticket water very pleasent,most species of fish and you can be sure your bike would be safe.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.