NEXT WEEK IS THE FIRST TEST OF COALITION

big_cod

Steve if anybody squandered the wealth of this country it was margeret thatcher she SOLD BT ,SHE SOLD THE WATER ,SHE SOLD THE ELECTRICITY ,the list is endless all that belonged to everybody not just the rich who could afford to buy the shares she gave them away for litterally nothing now every man ,woman and child in this country is paying through the nose for there basic needs water,electricty you are being charged the earth she has a lot to anser for.

paul.

And then Blair and his lot sold everything else that Thatcher had forgotten about......including our gold reserves!

New Labour? no, just Old Tories.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then Blair and his lot sold everything else that Thatcher had forgotten about......including our gold reserves!

New Labour? no, just Old Tories.

I forgot to mention north sea oil the giveaway of the century but you are right worms tony blair was allmost conservative but not quite.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Hey up Paul you still have not answered the question I put to you just before Christmas regarding the pole tax and here you are Tory bashing again.

BT WATER ELECTRICITY all working better than ever they could while nationalised. The private hospitals continue to show up the good old NHS ones on cleanness among other things. Then there is the postal service, good as it is the private sector still out performs it.

Yep I reckon Sharkbyte is spot on but let's devolve Scotland along with Yorkshire as they are all left wing strong holds up north, sponging of the affluent south.

Would be great to see how long they last and what would happen to their emergency services inc the coast guard.

As for Mr Murdock, it wouldn’t have any thing to do with Tories blocking his plan to own outright the Sky TV business by any chance?

:P

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Hang on, Bob!

My reply to Paul was very tongue in cheek, his Labour vs. Tory threads are famously black and white and always great sport for both 'sides' of the 'debate', but I suspect your 'cut them free' jibe is nothing of the sort.

PS. Paul, you haven't mentioned Maggie thieving the kiddies' milk yet. Either you must be losing your touch, or we're slowly drawing you away from your political comfort zone. ;)

Edited by Sharkbyte

Steve if anybody squandered the wealth of this country it was margeret thatcher she SOLD BT ,SHE SOLD THE WATER ,SHE SOLD THE ELECTRICITY ,the list is endless all that belonged to everybody not just the rich who could afford to buy the shares she gave them away for litterally nothing now every man ,woman and child in this country is paying through the nose for there basic needs water,electricty you are being charged the earth she has a lot to anser for.

If those utilities were still part of the public sector, I wonder how much New Labour would have allowed their running costs to spiral out of control - seems to me that utility bills could have gone the same way that council tax bills did. At least I can tell my gas supplier to poke it, I can't tell the council to do the same. The wisdom or otherwise of privatisation is another matter, though - what I was getting at was that Tory medicine was nasty, but it got the economy from the basketcase it was when they took over to be handed on in pretty good shape to Blair and Brown. Now it's a basketcase again, and people are complaining about the medicine - if the last government had made some difficult decisions a couple of years ago, they could have kept public spending under control and kept things on an even keel, but they were too afraid of upsetting the public sector unions and only too happy to play fast and loose with other people's money. The Tories didn't win the last election, Labour lost it by their conduct in power.

Hang on, Bob!

My reply to Paul was very tongue in cheek, his Labour vs. Tory threads are famously black and white and always great sport for both 'sides' of the 'debate', but I suspect your 'cut them free' jibe is nothing of the sort.

PS. Paul, you haven't mentioned Maggie thieving the kiddies' milk yet. Either you must be losing your touch, or we're slowly drawing you away from your political comfort zone. ;)

Dam i forgot that one what was her nickname thatcher the milk snatcher took the kids milk away now that was sad polotics its all good banter really i actually nearly voted conserative in 1979 then i woke up :rolleyes: my father used to tell my mother to turn the television over every time maggy came on i soon realized why still there is good in both labour and conservative politics is about kidoligy and this clan we have now have a degree in it.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

If those utilities were still part of the public sector, I wonder how much New Labour would have allowed their running costs to spiral out of control - seems to me that utility bills could have gone the same way that council tax bills did. At least I can tell my gas supplier to poke it, I can't tell the council to do the same. The wisdom or otherwise of privatisation is another matter, though - what I was getting at was that Tory medicine was nasty, but it got the economy from the basketcase it was when they took over to be handed on in pretty good shape to Blair and Brown. Now it's a basketcase again, and people are complaining about the medicine - if the last government had made some difficult decisions a couple of years ago, they could have kept public spending under control and kept things on an even keel, but they were too afraid of upsetting the public sector unions and only too happy to play fast and loose with other people's money. The Tories didn't win the last election, Labour lost it by their conduct in power.

An excellent post.

To give Blair, Brown and co their due, it must take true talent to turn a vibrant economy into a basket case in short time, but to ensure that it remains a basket case well into the future is the work of true genius......... :angry:

New Labour created the illness, we should not blame the doctor if the only cure for this illness is none too palatable. Yes I know that there was a worldwide recession bla bla bla, but they were 100% responsible for the sorry state the UK was in to deal with recession. Imho UK Plc was going down the tubes rapidly, recession or no recession, it was a very convenient scapegoat.

When you consistently spend more than your income there is only one ending, rocket science it ain't.

Control an economy indeed, it is quite clear it would have been an extremely risky business to let them have the controls to the telly......... <_<

Dam i forgot that one what was her nickname thatcher the milk snatcher took the kids milk away now that was sad polotics its all good banter really i actually nearly voted conserative in 1979 then i woke up :rolleyes: my father used to tell my mother to turn the television over every time maggy came on i soon realized why still there is good in both labour and conservative politics is about kidoligy and this clan we have now have a degree in it.

paul.

Blimey, Paul, you look far younger than the your quip about voting in the 1979 election would suggest. You must be on your second career by now, no doubt having retired from the public sector aged 45. Anyway, the fact that you did briefly wake up in 1979 is to be commended. It's more than most of today's Labour voters could manage at that age; what with direct debits saving a long wait at the benefits counter.

PS. A Tory would never demand that their wife turn the Tv over. Disgraceful. We have staff to do that. ;-)

Hey up Paul you still have not answered the question I put to you just before Christmas regarding the pole tax and here you are Tory bashing again.

BT WATER ELECTRICITY all working better than ever they could while nationalised. The private hospitals continue to show up the good old NHS ones on cleanness among other things. Then there is the postal service, good as it is the private sector still out performs it.

Yep I reckon Sharkbyte is spot on but let's devolve Scotland along with Yorkshire as they are all left wing strong holds up north, sponging of the affluent south.

Would be great to see how long they last and what would happen to their emergency services inc the coast guard.

As for Mr Murdock, it wouldn’t have any thing to do with Tories blocking his plan to own outright the Sky TV business by any chance?

:P

You are a fine Rep Bob :rolleyes:

We love you B)