NEXT WEEK IS THE FIRST TEST OF COALITION

big_cod

An excellent post.

To give Blair, Brown and co their due, it must take true talent to turn a vibrant economy into a basket case in short time, but to ensure that it remains a basket case well into the future is the work of true genius......... :angry:

New Labour created the illness, we should not blame the doctor if the only cure for this illness is none too palatable. Yes I know that there was a worldwide recession bla bla bla, but they were 100% responsible for the sorry state the UK was in to deal with recession. Imho UK Plc was going down the tubes rapidly, recession or no recession, it was a very convenient scapegoat.

When you consistently spend more than your income there is only one ending, rocket science it ain't.

Control an economy indeed, it is quite clear it would have been an extremely risky business to let them have the controls to the telly......... <_<

lets see what happens next week i will hold my hands up if the torys win this one i think the people of this country will be given there first chance to voice there frustration people all over the country are now having second thoughts but if you are true blue nothing matters you will allways put that tick in the box regrardless.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see what happens next week i will hold my hands up if the torys win this one i think the people of this country will be given there first chance to voice there frustration people all over the country are now having second thoughts but if you are true blue nothing matters you will allways put that tick in the box regrardless.

paul.

It wouldn't matter who was (sort of) in power right now, they would not win any popularity contest. The cuts are painful and hard to take, but they are absolutely necessary to hopefully get this country back on it's feet. People simply do not like pain no matter how essential it may be.

It is easy to be the nice guy, throwing around money which you can't ever pay back like confetti, it takes balls to bring the illusionary happy days to an end.

I am actually surprised that their poll ratings are not much lower.

Lovely cod fishing reports lately Paul, fantastic stuff, nice one........ :clap3:

Steve if anybody squandered the wealth of this country it was margeret thatcher she SOLD BT ,SHE SOLD THE WATER ,SHE SOLD THE ELECTRICITY ,the list is endless all that belonged to everybody not just the rich who could afford to buy the shares she gave them away for litterally nothing now every man ,woman and child in this country is paying through the nose for there basic needs water,electricty you are being charged the earth she has a lot to anser for.

paul.

It was a pleasure listening to Ed Milliband being slaughtered on the Jerremy Vine show yesterday, If that is your hope for the future of this country god help us all. After a period of Labour rule, sorry waste you always need the Tories to pick up the pieces and put the bank ballance back on track. At least with the Tories in power you won't have to worry about a raft of angling legislation being imposed on you Paul, you should be thankfull for a gift from the Tories. They won't be spending any money on angling police!!!

Cheers

Clive

It was a pleasure listening to Ed Milliband being slaughtered on the Jerremy Vine show yesterday, If that is your hope for the future of this country god help us all. After a period of Labour rule, sorry waste you always need the Tories to pick up the pieces and put the bank ballance back on track. At least with the Tories in power you won't have to worry about a raft of angling legislation being imposed on you Paul, you should be thankfull for a gift from the Tories. They won't be spending any money on angling police!!!

Cheers

Clive

Clive i agree ed milliband is not or doesnt seem strong enough but then again mr cameron it was handed on a plate for him it seems like somebody needs to give ed a slap around the back of ear to buck him up a bit i dont think he will last long if he doesnt perform somebody said ken livingston was thinking of standing ;) now that would be something he did a good job as mayor of london he has good form. :rolleyes:

Oh forgot to mention £1.36p a litre i paid this morning for diesel thank you mr osborn who said the torys dont tax the truckers will be planning which motorway to bring to standstill and can you blame them.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Hang on, Bob!

My reply to Paul was very tongue in cheek, his Labour vs. Tory threads are famously black and white and always great sport for both 'sides' of the 'debate', but I suspect your 'cut them free' jibe is nothing of the sort.

Wayne I actually believe the UNITED KINGDOM is a good thing even though the south gives more support to the north than is the case the other way round.

Scotland has the SNP and its own parliament along with a lot of support for devolution. Things are similar in Wales even some of the Cornish would like to be free of rule from Westminster though I do not believe any would gain an overall majority were it put to respective referendums.

Paul have you heard the news today and those greedy bankers are about to get another big pay out.

Looks like you're getting ripped off if you are paying £1.36 per litre for derv when the average is £1.31 but then if it's for your boat you will get some of your vat back. The fuel price is to high impo and I would not be surprised to see the truckers causing mayhem soon.

Tight Lines Bob

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Clive i agree ed milliband is not or doesnt seem strong enough but then again mr cameron it was handed on a plate for him it seems like somebody needs to give ed a slap around the back of ear to buck him up a bit i dont think he will last long if he doesnt perform somebody said ken livingston was thinking of standing ;) now that would be something he did a good job as mayor of london he has good form. :rolleyes:

Oh forgot to mention £1.36p a litre i paid this morning for diesel thank you mr osborn who said the torys dont tax the truckers will be planning which motorway to bring to standstill and can you blame them.

paul.

As others have said Paul no one will win a popularity contest sorting this lot out. As I am sure you have guessed I am no lover of Labour but they definitely picked the wrong brother to lead their party and he will have a very short lifespan unless he bucks his ideas up.

If the Tories get through this period of Austerity and get the books straight they will market themselves at the next election on that basis and do you want to turn the clock and risk the finances with the other mob again. I think that it will be a long time before you see a labour government again.

Regrettably we are all having to pay for Gordon Brown's era of bullshit. As for Tony he was very astute, had the good times and saw exactly when to jump ship and start enhancing his personal fortume. A despicable man really but veryclever and astute and basically only interested in himself. So New labour is dead and old labour won't get off the starting block so I would join the Tories Paul.

Cheers

As others have said Paul no one will win a popularity contest sorting this lot out. As I am sure you have guessed I am no lover of Labour but they definitely picked the wrong brother to lead their party and he will have a very short lifespan unless he bucks his ideas up.

If the Tories get through this period of Austerity and get the books straight they will market themselves at the next election on that basis and do you want to turn the clock and risk the finances with the other mob again. I think that it will be a long time before you see a labour government again.

Regrettably we are all having to pay for Gordon Brown's era of bullshit. As for Tony he was very astute, had the good times and saw exactly when to jump ship and start enhancing his personal fortume. A despicable man really but veryclever and astute and basically only interested in himself. So New labour is dead and old labour won't get off the starting block so I would join the Tories Paul.

Cheers

I wouldnt be to sure about labour clive the tories are weak especially now mr murdocks sun is backing labour :D i am actually a right wing labour supporter but not tory i couldnt bring myself clive i think our wealth should shared out not give more to allready privileged few if you cast your mind back clive to the last days of the last comservative goverment they were awash with sleaze this lot wont take to get on the same level its in there blood they just cant help it.

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg

I wouldnt be to sure about labour clive the tories are weak especially now mr murdocks sun is backing labour :D i am actually a right wing labour supporter but not tory i couldnt bring myself clive i think our wealth should shared out not give more to allready privileged few if you cast your mind back clive to the last days of the last comservative goverment they were awash with sleaze this lot wont take to get on the same level its in there blood they just cant help it.

paul.

Paul are you having a laugh in regards to sleaze....... :o

After the decimation of the UK economy I would put sleaze at number 2 on the last Governments Legacy List........... <_<