What would you rather Catch

Guest IanG

Guest RobStubbs

Mike/Ian,

Hadn't thought about the plus side of getting off the committee biggrin.gif . But can you imagine how long the club would last IF the vociferous few actually got into the top seats ? Sure you could get more fishing time but you'd have to find somewhere else to go.

Out of interest at a meeting I couldn't attend some people couldn't understand why the club didn't just buy a 40lb carp or two ! I think they call it instant fishery managment.

Rob.

Guest waterman1013

Rob

The last committee bought some carp, three at around 26 -30. Result a kill of 186 fish including numerous 20s the anglers did not even know existed and the following summer the lake fished its nuts off for all species, including carp.

I have somewhere else to fish - it has tench and pike and there is always the river in Huntingdon for eels, zander and perch. Ooooh, I nearly forgot the cats and river carp and tench and chubb and roach and bream and nights spent under the stars with only the owls and nightjars and foxes and deer to disturb the distant sound of church bells - who needs lakes anyway?

Mike

• 1 year later...

we did a survey of the carp population and found that there was not as many as we thought.but after advice we are looking to remove some to anouther lake maybe to allow soom room for fish to grow on.

we are also growing on fish to hopefully create a 30.will let you know how we get on.thanks for bringing this back elton .it has been a fun year and we are well on the way.cheers big al