Dodgy Lures

Guest Dave B

Thats nuffing. When we was kids we lived under six foot of dog turd and litter and had to lick it up every morning with our tongs before we went down the mines for a 25 hour shift. biggrin.gif

Shades of monty python or what???

IanG

Guest oliver g

the trouble is small clubs cant afford to ban litter bugs as membership is hard to come by these days,cos of all these nice commercial waters,after all why buy a £15 season ticket today when you can get away with a £5 day ticket,logic for the "thinking" type of "angler"

------------------

oli

Guest RobStubbs

Oli,

A club must ban 'anglers' who leave litter irrespective of whether they can afford it or not. If they don't why have the rule ? Also more responsible anglers may join knowing the water is looked after properly.

Rob.

Ron

You cannot be wrong-no clear thinking individual could argue otherwise. The trouble is being there to catch em. BUT if caught they must be banned. Our No.1 rule is Leave Litter Leave the Club.

IanG

• 7 months later...
Guest Steve Burke

Dogs aren't allowed at Wingham - it's a nature reserve - and so we don't have this problem.

We don't have litter bins and almost the only rubbish we have is on the public footpath. This has even twice included disposable nappies!

The only other exception is cigarette butts. Every couple of years I have to point out to members that fag ends are litter. Luckily they're usually gone within a couple of days. Mind you, a few like Nick Buss roll their own. So perhaps that's the reason!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Gordon Scott

Whilst on the subject of litter, what happened to the Anglers' Mail 'bin it' campaign? I must admit, I never really got to the bottom of what it was all about to begin with, other than that they were appealing for donations, when I suddenly lost interest... AM is produced by the giant IPC group as you probably know, so I found their appeals for a few quid stuck in my throat somewhat.

Anyway, it seems to have been a dead duck, unless anyone knows different? I wonder where the money they raised has gone?

Gordon rolleyes.gif

Nice one about Monty Python IanG! Not detracting from what a serious subject the on going problem of litter louts(No offence meant to the people who drop litter and are not louts of coarse!:rolleyes smile.gifAny way back to the origonal post ref jelly worms!

Whilst it's great to see an important issue getting discussed, the question I'd like answered is where did Burkey dig this one up from. Is there such a thing as Boot Hill for Threads? Does Steve wander aorund there at night with his cyber-spade, making the earth move in the search for interesting banter?

For those of you who are wondering what the hell I'm on about, this thread was started in March smile.gif

Tight Time-Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk