When will they ever Learn! / AT Picture

Guest Graham E

Guest Nobrot

Hi Folks!

I would have replied earlier, but I've had a much-needed week off during which I attacked the garden and... went fishing!!!

I do take people's points on the front page pic, but I would make the following points:

1 The catch featured weighed 90 lb and was retained in THREE large carp nets.

2 A two-inch thick padded unhooking mat was placed underneath the keepnet for the shot.

3 ALL the fish went back into the water and swam off strongly, unaided.

If AT is to survive as the only weekly angling newspaper which covers the serious stuff and fights for the sport as well as the nice aspirational stuff - we have to reflect what the majority of anglers are doing.

And, rightly or wrongly, it's difficult to argue with the numbers of people visiting the commercial carp ponds every week at this time of year.

I'd love to see a pristine bag of stickfloat-caught roach on the front, but, in the closed season, that just wouldn't be topical - and news is what drives AT.

However, your comments are always welcome, and the more feedback we get, the better we can make the product.

In the past, journalists have been some of the most arrogant, complacent individuals on the planet - rest assured that we simply can't afford that luxury any longer.

It's always good to hear your considered opinions via this most civilised of sites.

Mark

PS: Do I get an invite to the Huntingdon camp/fish-out?

Guest Graham E

Thanks Mark, sensible response, and acknowledge second paragraph.

Glad that the water in question does not allow keepnets normally for fear of damage to the fish - which was my point, not the water or fishing type.

Keep trying to educate!!

As Mike says, we always appreciate your well thought out comments/views and hope you understand nothing personal.

Graham