Hugh's Fish Fight

Elton

No Bob, you have misquoted HFW and made that quote up to suit your agenda. You have not posted "exactly" what was said.

So what your saying is that he had his quota for Cod before going to sea and thus had to dump any he caught, if that is the case then there is a justifiable reason to which I concede.

Tight lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discards have been a massive problem for years as it has being mentioned on this forum before there are a few different reasons why discards happen most of the time they could be avoided 150ml codend like iceland would help but that just aint gonna happen keep fishing on grounds that hold plenty of fish and you are going to get discards its all very policitical and loaded what needs to stop slipper skippers for one is probably a quick anser give more quota to those who need it not to those who trade in quota the institutions but in no time it will all back to where it is now there will never be enough quota.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

So what your saying is that he had his quota for Cod before going to sea and thus had to dump any he caught, if that is the case then there is a justifiable reason to which I concede.

Tight lines Bob

Precisely that Bob. That is why we need to take a good look at Days at Sea over the current system. I can't imagine any other system that requires healthy food to be wasted in the name of stock conservation month after month.

Precisely that Bob. That is why we need to take a good look at Days at Sea over the current system. I can't imagine any other system that requires healthy food to be wasted in the name of stock conservation month after month.

Is there not an imbalance of quota for the big boys who get something like 90% and our smaller boats the remaining 10%?

You see the days at sea sounds like a good idea but then I foresee the amount of fish allowed being insufficient to sustain the boats economically. If that is not the case why don’t they stop fishing once the quota has been reached under the current system? You either want to conserve the stock or continue discarding.

By the way Sportsman is there any need for that sort of language you might be more at home on WSF

Tight lines Bob

Is there not an imbalance of quota for the big boys who get something like 90% and our smaller boats the remaining 10%?

You see the days at sea sounds like a good idea but then I foresee the amount of fish allowed being insufficient to sustain the boats economically. If that is not the case why don't they stop fishing once the quota has been reached under the current system? You either want to conserve the stock or continue discarding.

By the way Sportsman is there any need for that sort of language you might be more at home on WSF

Tight lines Bob

Icelandic, Canadian and certain US fisheries all have to be worth a look at.

You see the days at sea sounds like a good idea but then I foresee the amount of fish allowed being insufficient to sustain the boats economically. If that is not the case why don’t they stop fishing once the quota has been reached under the current system? You either want to conserve the stock or continue discarding.

Tight lines Bob

You've got a neck, less than a year as a member and you feel you have the right to tell a guy who has been a member for almost six years to go to another site.

Sooner your own oft promised website is up and running the better, THEN you can dictate to people, till then wind your neck in.

You've got a neck, less than a year as a member and you feel you have the right to tell a guy who has been a member for almost six years to go to another site.

Sooner your own oft promised website is up and running the better, THEN you can dictate to people, till then wind your neck in.

So you condone bad language why am I not surprised.

So you condone bad language why am I not surprised.

I suppose that criticising the language is easier than answering the question <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

A little honesty wouldn’t go amiss particularly from those of you in the know.

The commentary is exactly as I have posted go check for your self. ‘few on board got much sleep’ no because they were up fishing Hugh.

Those in the know will also be able to confirm that there are areas where Cod and Coalfish can be found in great numbers and there are areas that are known as mixed fisheries. They even showed that mapped areas for goodness sake, ok the skipper may have a valid reason for grabbing his quota before moving on to the mixed fishery, but I very much doubt it as ther would have been no discard to film.

A blatant attempt to deceive is how I see it, prove me wrong. :nono:

Tight Lines Bob

Bob, even if he had caught his quota of cod and coalfish and knew damn well that he was going to catch more of them whilst trying to catch the fish he still had quota for, don't you understand that with a boat to run and a crew to pay, he doesn't have a choice? The alternative is to keep the boat tied up and go bankrupt, putting his crew on the dole.

That programme highlighted perfectly the crap situation that fishermen find themselves in, yet anyone showing a bit of sympathy is a commercial lover, according to you. And if anyone (me) dares suggest that sea anglers actually work with WITH commercial fishermen to gain better management of the fishery, they (I) are considered to be pro commercial madmen.

It doesn't matter how much the commercial haters, (RSA misrepresentatives), try to spread their hatred, by telling any sea angler who will listen that their fishing is f*cked and commercial fishermen are to blame, you can't deny the facts.

If you don't learn to see through the bulIschit, Bob, you will be just like the rest of them, ie, happy to see us all suffer at the hands of the eco mentalists.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.