Fish 'n' Tips

Elton

Suzy Snatchpiece?

And Felicity Fannybatter

This seems to be aimed at the reader of lads' mags like Zoo and Nuts who might also do a bit of fishing (are there many of those?). I can't see many of us with wives and girlfriends (even ones with a sense of humour) wanting to explain that it really does publish some wizard angling tips.

It'd be like those blokes back in the 1960s who used to buy Playboy "for the quality of the short story writing". :D

On my! that magazine look's a bit strange? someone tell me if it's mainly a mens girl mag or fishing?

Its 100% a serious angling magazine.

We have anglers of the caliber of Ian Welch, Steve Pope, Jim O Donnell, Mark Barrett and others writing for us, they just arent doing the usual technical stuff that you would see elsewhere.

We are also inviting our readers to take part in some of the regular series and will listen to what you the readers want. Why people have to be so negative bfore they have read a copy is beyond me.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Sorry Mark, but the cover would mean I'd never open it to discover it's a proper fishing magazine. I say this in the spirit of constructive criticism and in response to '...will listen to what you the readers want'.

It looks too euphemism-heavy to be taken seriously.

However, I will keep an open mind and have a look at a copy once it has launched.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Sorry Mark, but the cover would mean I'd never open it to discover it's a proper fishing magazine. I say this in the spirit of constructive criticism and in response to '...will listen to what you the readers want'.

It looks too euphemism-heavy to be taken seriously.

However, I will keep an open mind and have a look at a copy once it has launched.

Bear in mind that is not THE actual cover, it was done to give people an idea and may be a bit more full on than what actually appears

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Keeping it up for longer
You're a big boy aren't you?

Cover shot of girls in bikinis and one in a nurse's outfit? Suzy Snatchpiece?

Do you honestly expect any serious angler to even get beyond the front cover other than buying the first issue as a novelty?

Angling is brilliant fun and its about time that this was represented within the angling media.

It is indeed brilliant fun - I write a column for a local newspaper about the fun and silly stuff that happens to a relatively new female angler which is well received. It is possible to get across the fun and camaraderie of angling without resorting to tackiness and semi-naked girls...

I wish you well in your new venture and will try to keep an open mind until I see the first issue.

Janet

In the spirit of hearty debate, to me it looks like the very worst of the current angling publications all rolled into one - and considering today's gutter angling press, that is saying something.

Honestly, having just read through the 'media pack', I can scarcely believe that any of the 'top names in angling journalism' have so much as touched it with a bargepole.

I'll give it six months, tops. ;)

Glad it's not just me.

No, it isn't just you...

I found this offensive, sexist, insulting....you want me to carry on?

At first glance, this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel, although as I said, I'll reserve judgement until I've seen an actual copy of the finished publication.

Janet