Stop HS2 and save Savay

Stop HS2

What's HS2 I hear you say? It's the new High Speed London-Birmingham rail link proposed by the last government and supported by the latest bunch of muppets too.

The route of this new line will cross the Colne Valley on a 15m tall X 75m wide viaduct going smack through the middle of Pit2, Harefield. (Harrow AS) cross the Grand Union, then straight through Savay Lake; one of the most famous and historic carp lakes in the country.

The cost of this line is projected to be 30billion pounds and will cut journey times to and from Brum by 20-30 minutes.

Please find the link to the STOP HS2 petition web site and sign up.

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/stop-hs2.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian, a lot of the ex gravel pits in the Colne valley were dug out in the 1920's or 30's although gravel extraction carries on to this day in parts of the valley, Savay was one of the the first dug so far as I know and is a fully matured and very beautiful water.

In many carp anglers opinion it ranks along side Redmire in it's place in British carp fishing history and fame. The other lakes in the valley that are under threat vary in age from the same as Savay through to those dug out in the 50's and 60's. Two of my club waters will be ruined, Pit2 will have massive concrete viaduct driven across the middle of it, this lake produced the first 40lb plus Colne valley fish in the 80's, Pit1 will become unfishable through noise and disturbance along with other clubs waters.

Please look at the following link.

http://www.korda.co.uk/articles/view.php?id=107

Oops, it included an alien fish with the name of Lionel....sorry, beyond the scope of logic to support that!

Oh, sponsored by a tackle company as well!

As soon as they start sponsoring and supporting natural waters and native fish I might then be moved to prose but Carp called Lionel?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Oops, it included an alien fish with the name of Lionel....sorry, beyond the scope of logic to support that!

Oh, sponsored by a tackle company as well!

As soon as they start sponsoring and supporting natural waters and native fish I might then be moved to prose but Carp called Lionel?

Your choice fella, the artical was in a Korda publication, I don't think they have anything do do with sponsoring the place, besides its not just about Savay, the whole of the Colne valley will be ruined if this plan goes through, my clubs waters and others in the valley aren't populated with "alien" fish as you call them, as I said it's your choice and your entitled to your opinion but I would urge you to think again.

Not only we have HS1 at the same time we had our motorway doubled from two to four carriageways. At the time there were very few properties demolished, less that 50 for the whole route. don't forget the south east is a lot more crowded. At the time i seriously coincided buying a property at a knock down price that was sandwiched between the two projects, i dithered and have regretted it ever since as the value of this eight bed property has gone back up to what it was and more, it still happens to be a brilliant place to live, so more fool me. As well as having the channel tunnel service, we also have the high speed trains up to the capitol.People are paying a premium to get on this service as it makes the commuter trains look like the overcrowded cattle trucks that they are. The disruption that hs2 is being portrayed is a fine example of over exaggeration. It's not just about fish, it's about peoples quality of life,including decent travel, bring it on.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..