Stop HS2 and save Savay

Stop HS2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, ashford up to london for example is fantastic if you wish to pay another 20% to prevent going on the cattle train and they was cattle trains before the hs1.

Quote:

Of course, not everyone has suffered. If you work near St Pancras and live in one of the towns best served by the high-speed line – above all, Ashford, where the whole journey to London is on it – you are thrilled.

Phil Waterhouse, who commutes from Ashford to Tottenham Court Road, said: "I wouldn't have worked in London if it wasn't for this." Madeleine Webb, travelling from Hackney to Canterbury, said: "It's fantastic – it's changed my life."

end quote.

I go up to tottenham court road by other means and it can take me two hours, your point is?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry, pretty much all the evidence is now out there, I guess we'll have to leave the great british public to read it and make up their own minds, this thread has over 1400 veiws and yet there has only been two people who have objected and made a half decent argument against the Anti HS2 campaign through this page, there maybe more who share your veiws but their quiet speaks volumes to me.

Anyway, tight lines fella.

Barry, pretty much all the evidence is now out there, I guess we'll have to leave the great british public to read it and make up their own minds, this thread has over 1400 veiws and yet there has only been two people who have objected and made a half decent argument against the Anti HS2 campaign through this page, there maybe more who share your veiws but their quiet speaks volumes to me.

Anyway, tight lines fella.

The evidence for scrapping the scheme has been non existant compared with my few resonable arguments that you havn't disputed with anything credible, :D show us the decimation of these fishing spots, show us the evidence of disruption, blighted housing, industriel stock etc, no assumption just fact will do. What about this huge bridge going slap bang in the middle of the lake, comments please.

First fact i would like to challenge, in the photo of what the crossing looks like going right through the centre of the lake, :huh: it shows a seven or eight wide trussed bridge with double peir. The one crossing the medway for hs1 has a single concrete truss with single width pier, two lines, why has hs2 proposel doubled? Is it going to be four tracks or more wide? :)

Been away responding to the consultation document. Having a read it it, there looks like a heck of a lot of work, time and effort has gone into the project to keep disruption to a minimum, with lots of tunnel and cuttings, just like hs1.

p.s Stophs2, don't disappear like some do after the battle, stay and enjoy yourself on this web site, it's been fun.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The evidence for scrapping the scheme has been non existant compared with my few resonable arguments that you havn't disputed with anything credible, :D show us the decimation of these fishing spots, show us the evidence of disruption, blighted housing, industriel stock etc, no assumption just fact will do. What about this huge bridge going slap bang in the middle of the lake, comments please.

Barry, please open the link, this visualisation of the viaduct crossing the Colne Valley has been produced by HS2, not as Andy says by somebody with a basic understanding of Photoshop, the main lake affected is one of my clubs waters (Pit 2). It will also cross Savay, Korda and totally remove Long Pond and pass very, very close to Harefield, Broadwater lakes and several others.

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-lond...13046-28472469/

We have a civil engineering consultant who has worked all over the world on projects such as this as a member of our club, he has said that the logistics and land required for a project like this during construction are massive and will have very detrimental and probably permanent effect on the valley's future peace and quite.

It's not only the fishing clubs and societies that will be affected, in the picture, just where the viaduct steps off across theres an outdoor activity centre (HOAC). this is a charitable trust and has taken 40 years to get where it is now, it is possibly the finest centre of it's type within the M25 with schools and youth groups using it from all over the greater London region. HS2 will go right through the middle of it.

http://www.hoac.net/index.php?option=com_f...ge&Itemid=1

http://www.colnevalleypark.org.uk/

Blighted housing; a very close friend lives within 300 metres of the proposed route, three years ago he had a £70,000 extension built on his house, he recently asked several local estate agents what the propery was worth before the HS2 plans were announced and it's value now, he may have well just given the £70,000 pounds to charity because the value of his propery is now considerably less than it was before he had the work done, this house was part of his pension plan when he eventually retired and downsized when he moved away.

He has made enquiries about compensation and was told he may not qualify and even if he did the ammount offered would not be anywhere near the true market value.

Barry, you my friend may be able to take a financial hit of that order but most of us ordinary people can't!!!

This area, Ruislip, has come through the recent property slump pretty well with house prices remaining stable, the reason is it's a great place to live, great schools, pleasant leafy parks and quiet, good road and rail links with three LUL lines, the Chiltern line and only short drives to get to the M1, M4, M25, A40 and Heathrow. Since HS2 was announced property sales have slowed and places near the proposed line are severly affected.

Other leisure facilities will be destroyed, the Ruislip golf centre and course will be taken, Ruislip rifle club, Ruislip Rugby club will loose pitches, at least one pub will be demolised and maybe some of the shops nearby.

Local schools adjacent to the line will be disrupted, an old peoples home demolished as well as many homes that back on to the existing Chiltern and LUL Central line.

West Waste, the waste transfer station for four London boroughs lies directly in the path of HS2, several car body and vehicle workshops lay in it's way along with a fairly large well known hotel, the local Sainsbury's may well have to go. All these places I've mentioned employ local residents and others from surrounding areas.

Evidence of disruption; it dosen't take a lot of imagination to visualise the chaos that will be caused for many years in West London, new bridges will be requred at all the approach roads leading to the A40, these include new bridges at the imfamous A40-A406 gyratory junction.

Recently the Chiltern line has been undergoing modernisation with many of the bridge, requiring strenghening to carry the new faster trains that the line will be soon operating, trains that actually run into Birmingham city centre, not somewhere nearby.

This work has and will cause mayhem for years as well as causing disruption to the LUL Central line and Chiltern line.

All I have talked about here is whats going to happen in my area, multiply that dozens of times long the 120 mile route and it's a cost not only in financial and business terms but in the destruction peoples wellbeing, homes and countryside that is just to high.

Edited by Stop HS2

First fact i would like to challenge, in the photo of what the crossing looks like going right through the centre of the lake, :huh: it shows a seven or eight wide trussed bridge with double peir. The one crossing the medway for hs1 has a single concrete truss with single width pier, two lines, why has hs2 proposel doubled? Is it going to be four tracks or more wide? :)

Been away responding to the consultation document. Having a read it it, there looks like a heck of a lot of work, time and effort has gone into the project to keep disruption to a minimum, with lots of tunnel and cuttings, just like hs1.

p.s Stophs2, don't disappear like some do after the battle, stay and enjoy yourself on this web site, it's been fun.

Barry, sorry it takes so long to reply but as a new member my utterings are still being submitted to a moderator before their posted.

I'm not going anywhere fast, just like HS2 hopefully and will continue to contibute to this great forum for a long time yet.

Cheers.

Barry, please open the link, this visualisation of the viaduct crossing the Colne Valley has been produced by HS2, not as Andy says by somebody with a basic understanding of Photoshop, the main lake affected is one of my clubs waters (Pit 2). It will also cross Savay, Korda and totally remove Long Pond and pass very, very close to Harefield, Broadwater lakes and several others.

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-lond...13046-28472469/

We have a civil engineering consultant who has worked all over the world on projects such as this as a member of our club, he has said that the logistics and land required for a project like this during construction are massive and will have very detrimental and probably permanent effect on the valley's future peace and quite.

It's not only the fishing clubs and societies that will be affected, in the picture, just where the viaduct steps off across theres an outdoor activity centre (HOAC). this is a charitable trust and has taken 40 years to get where it is now, it is possibly the finest centre of it's type within the M25 with schools and youth groups using it from all over the greater London region. HS2 will go right through the middle of it.

http://www.hoac.net/index.php?option=com_f...ge&Itemid=1

http://www.colnevalleypark.org.uk/

Blighted housing; a very close friend lives within 300 metres of the proposed route, three years ago he had a £70,000 extension built on his house, he recently asked several local estate agents what the propery was worth before the HS2 plans were announced and it's value now, he may have well just given the £70,000 pounds to charity because the value of his propery is now considerably less than it was before he had the work done, this house was part of his pension plan when he eventually retired and downsized when he moved away.

He has made enquiries about compensation and was told he may not qualify and even if he did the ammount offered would not be anywhere near the true market value.

Barry, you my friend may be able to take a financial hit of that order but most us ordinary people can't!!!

This area, Ruislip, has come through the recent property slump pretty well with house prices remaining stable, the reason is it's a great place to live, great schools, pleasant leafy parks and quiet, good road and rail links with three LUL lines, the Chiltern line and only short drives to get to the M1, M4, M25, A40 and Heathrow. Since HS2 was announced property sales have slowed and places near the proposed line are severly affected.

Other leisure facilities will be destroyed, the Ruislip golf centre and course will be taken, Ruislip rifle club, Ruislip Rugby club will loose pitches, at least one pub will be demolised and maybe some of the shops nearby.

Local schools adjacent to the line will be disrupted, an old peoples home demolished as well as many homes that back on to the existing Chiltern and LUL Central line.

West Waste, the waste transfer station for four London boroughs lies directly in the path of HS2, several car body and vehicle workshops lay in it's way along with a fairly large well known hotel, the local Sainsbury's may well have to go. All these places I've mentioned employ local residents and others from surrounding areas.

Evidence of disruption; it dosen't take a lot of imagination to visualise the chaos that will be caused for many years in West London, new bridges will be requred at all the approach roads leading to the A40, these include new bridges at the imfamous A40-A406 gyratory junction.

Recently the Chiltern line has been undergoing modernisation with many of the bridge, requiring strenghening to carry the new faster trains that the line will be soon operating, trains that actually run into Birmingham city centre, not somewhere nearby.

This work has and will cause mayhem for years as well as causing disruption to the LUL Central line and Chiltern line.

All I have talked about here is whats going to happen in my area, multiply that dozens of times long the 120 mile route and it's a cost not only in financial and business terms but in the destruction peoples wellbeing, homes and countryside that just to high.

Well I least we now have a link to a real visualisation done by HS2. So thanks for getting that correct ...at least you've got something correct. What i said in my comment previously was that the bridge shown on in the article on the Korda website is fantasy based on what is basically a 75m road bridge. You also describe 75m width in your text. You need to correct this as it is completely untrue.

If you read the information provided by HS2 you will see that it will indeed need a very large bit of landtake for construction. So your engineering friend is correct. But the proposed location for this is next to the m25.

Im with barry on this one. there is a lot of talk about blight but very little evidence for it Im afraid