Best Fluorocarbon line ?

kestrel

It's careful and thoughtful location and feeding that brings in fish ;) That can't be plugged and sold for profit though!

It'll be interesting to see how you get on after the switch from flourocarbon to mono Dean, I hope you let us know how you get on?

cheers anderoo, i hope i will not notice a difference,

Nice one Steve,strange how its all of us old "stubbon" cynics who do all these practical tests! and the "believers" don't......................

i'm not calling you stubbon.. im saying your being stubbon lmao :lol:

and to be honest i have done a whole year of practicle tests... so i actually win.. i tested it with nice 20lb fish, of different kinds, all year long last year, and i know i am young.... but it don' make me any different of an angler hen a 70 year old angler...

not calling you 70 budgie lmao :D

but one hing i wont argue with is price of mono is good, daiwa sensor rocks in price, and very excited to try it out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but one hing i wont argue with is price of mono is good, daiwa sensor rocks in price, and very excited to try it out.

:D Yes it certainly does Dean! When I used mono I allways used Maxima Chameleon it wasn't cheap but I was lucky to be able to buy it at trade so it wasnt to bad.Now I very rarely use mono and cant really justify expensive monos just for occasional uses especially as once on the spool it doesn't last like braid. When (about 5 years ago) I was looking for a reasonable priced but reliable mono I remembered being caught out on a sea fishing trip and not being able to get any 15lb Maxima.I was suggested Sensor by the tackle shop and as it was so cheap I tied it but to be honest didn't have much hope! It turned out perfectly fine! Cut a long story short Ive used Sensor in 6lb,8lb,12 and 15lb now and found it very reliable and perfectly usable for 5 years now (not the same fill mind you!) any time Ive wanted to use mono rather than braid. Dont think (in those sizes any way) I will ever feel the need to revert to twice the price (in fact its more thabn twice!) Maxima.The Daiwa Sensor is no better and not quite as "refined" but like I said does the job fine and for a lot less.

I doubt you will be disappointed with it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

There are undoubtedly better lines than Daiwa Sensor. But I doubt that there are many that are better value. :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

cheers anderoo, i hope i will not notice a difference,

i'm not calling you stubbon.. im saying your being stubbon lmao :lol:

and to be honest i have done a whole year of practicle tests... so i actually win.. i tested it with nice 20lb fish, of different kinds, all year long last year, and i know i am young.... but it don' make me any different of an angler hen a 70 year old angler...

not calling you 70 budgie lmao :D

Dean, have you thought that maybe you'll be as succesful with sensor this year as you were with Flourocarbon last year and that really the line didn't make all that much difference?

I'll be using different mainline next season for the tench and bream fishing, having used nothing but Sensor for many years. I feel like I need better abraision resistance because the Sensor does get roughed up on the bars quite a lot, and it's then a pain chopping it off, moving the line marker, etc. So I am going to give either Pro Gold or Pro Tough a go.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'll be using different mainline next season for the tench and bream fishing, having used nothing but Sensor for many years. I feel like I need better abraision resistance because the Sensor does get roughed up on the bars quite a lot, and it's then a pain chopping it off, moving the line marker, etc. So I am going to give either Pro Gold or Pro Tough a go.

Have you considered Shimano Catana?

Dean, have you thought that maybe you'll be as succesful with sensor this year as you were with Flourocarbon last year and that really the line didn't make all that much difference?

:D well i hope it don't noice too much, i jut felt confidence in the fact it was ment to be so stealthy, bu i am a man who is will to try everything, hence why i have baught 15lb sensor, in a couple of weeks time i will be able to test out the two new makes of line that i have got, and i'll le you know if i prefer mono or fluro for main.

that was my second choice after the daiwa, i'll probably buy some just in case.

by the way i hope i do not upet anyone by saying "i like fluro", it's done me well last year and pluked me some nice fish, B)

I have Rob, mainly because I know you use it and sing its praises. I think I'll try the Pro Tough first and see what happens. Is the Catana good with the bars? Sensor is OK but I suspect other lines are better.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have Rob, mainly because I know you use it and sing its praises. I think I'll try the Pro Tough first and see what happens. Is the Catana good with the bars? Sensor is OK but I suspect other lines are better.

Its abrasion resistance is pretty good it's never let me down so far, it's a bit more limp than sensor and casts very well.

The only problem I've ever had with it was line twist after a particularly windy wingham session but I reckon that was more down to me being a lazy bugger and not buying a 'spin doctor' to sort it out rather than a problem with the line.

After dabbling with Braid I'm going back to it this year on all spools.

Nice one Steve,strange how its all of us old "stubbon" cynics who do all these practical tests! and the "believers" don't......................

....and those of us whose fishing time is seriously restricted make sure we've got friends 'who know' and follow their lead!

BTW Budgie, I'll give you a call at the end of the month...business heading your way.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine